Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

windows folders and rdm folders

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

hi
is there a way to sync standard windows smb folders permissions with rdm folder permissions?
all the users (both smb shares and rdm users) are on the same AD domain

thank you

Clock8 mths

Hello,
I'm not aware of any way we could do that. The only think you can do is use DVLS with the AD roles.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

how does vdls may help me in that?

Clock8 mths

Hello,

Since our DVLS product integrates with AD, and drives permissions from a user's membership in AD groups, you could set up the Role Based Security System of RDM and "bind" folders of RDM to the AD groups. It would allow you to show/hide entries based on those memberships.

The perspective is different because you would kind of replicate what you already have set up in SMB, but it may offer greater flexibility if you rely on AD groups extensively.

best regards

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

so in my case i can maybe use a situation where each one of my folders is represented as a security group in ad

say i have an smb folder called customer1
and i have a security group called customer1
and i have an rdm folder called customer1
so if i have dvls, i can take user1/user2/user3 for example, put them into customer1 ad group, and then assign the group to both smb and rdm folders
thus getting sort of an SSO for permissions, right?

for example, user4 requests to get permission for customer1 folder. so if i put user4 into customer1 ad group, he will instantly get access for both smb folder and rdm folder. am i reading this correctly ? the dvls in fact, enables the rdm folders to lean on ad groups rather than built-in groups like standard rdm ent?

Clock8 mths

right.

We recommend this for organizations that have more than 25 users, OR that rely on AD groups extensively.

Now with DVLS 5.0, you also get a web based password vault for non-IT personnel which is offered with an affordable Client Access License (CAL)

best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths