Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDM - Private vault - Missing or blocked features

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi

Some time ago I asked for Export to always be allowed insidePrivate Vaults for the users. (without having export rights in the shared vault)
Users are able to choose export inside their private vault in RDM 12.5.4.0 and RDM 13.0.6.0 (which I am testing these days)
But when doing an export, it is not possible to choose "Include credentials", which in my book would be the primary reason to export from a private vault.

Another thing I have noticed as another "big" issue, is that when users change passwords on their credentials inside private vaults, the Password history function is disabled. I myself and others have lost passwords because we can't view the password history on objects in private vaults.

Is it just me, or should users not always be an "Admin" within their own private vault?
I think they should, and also with the same very useful features that RDM has in the shared vault for objects.

I recommend thes features are opened and that users have admin rights in their private vault as default, if anyone needs to restrict users private vaults, only then should it be possible to setup special rights to restrict their users here.

BR

Michael Leeming

Clock9 mths

Hello Michael,
I will our QA to verify what has changed in RDM 13.5. I know that we did some changes and I just want to be sure that we are up to date with your requests.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Great...

Btw. I found in 13.0.19.0 that when editing credentials inside private vault, there is a new button opening password history and it works.
However it is greyed out when right clicking credential objects in the private vault tree....

Another thing I would like you to look at or consider.
Why does installing/upgrading RDM always prefer presenting the 32-bit version shortcut of RDM to users?
The 32-bit shortcut is quite annoying, as none of our users can use the 32-bit version, because of memory restrictions it brings.
In fact the 32-bit does not work at all in my opinion. (accessing win2012R2 or later using RDP will fail often)
But our users always forget to delete the shortcut and make sure they only use the 64-bit shortcut.

BR

Michael Leeming

Clock9 mths