Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Copy RDP Entry Name To Clipboard

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
I work with Azure VM's mostly. To get to the vm's, I use their public host name Example ServerNameA.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com. But if I am on the console of ServerNameA and want to get to the UNC of ServerNameB, I cannot use the public FQDN, I have to type \\ServerNameB. I use the server netbios names as my RDP entry names, so quickly copying that to clipboard would be useful. Also useful when I want to quickly grab a name to drop in an email. Our host names are complex so not the easiest to type out when I could just copy it. Ideally, I would right click on an entry, go to the clipboard sub menu, and there would be an option of "Entry Name" or something to that effect.

Currently I have to go to properties and grab it there.

Clock9 mths

Hello,

If you right-click on your RDP entry and select Clipboard -> Copy Host Name, is this what you are looking for?
2018 03 12 17 15 57

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2018-03-12_17-15-57.png
Clock9 mths

No, I am looking to copy the entry name, the text in the left hand navigation tree.

Clock9 mths

I will add a copy Name menu

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Do you have a best guess when this feature will be coming?

Clock8 mths

I just opened a feature request similar before seeing this thread.

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic29477-session-name-copy-without-edit.aspx?lastpage=1#post115007

Clock8 mths

Cody Delcambre wrote:

Do you have a best guess when this feature will be coming?

Cody we have noticed that the people with edit permissions can hit F2 on the sessions and copy the sessions name. I just wish the session name highlight and copy option was available with out having to give full session edit rights.

Clock8 mths

I've tried that, F2 is not reliable. When you click on an entry and hit F2, if you are connected to that entry, when the screen pane loads, it will boot you out of rename mode before you can copy the text. Also, there seems to be times where F2 will simply not put a selected entry into rename mode. If I click on it a few times, it will eventually go into rename mode. The idea here is to get an efficiency boost. Any solution that isn't reliable, isn't efficient.

Clock8 mths

Don't worry guys, it's already implemented internally smile

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths