Forum / Wayk Now - Feature Request

Branding Wayk Now

It would be nice to be able to brand the client to show our logo and company name along with "Powered by Wayk Now"
It is important for us to build brand loyalty with our customers. Though I understand Devolutions desire to promote their brand as well.
Will that be an option in the paid version?
Thanks

Clock8 mths

Hi Raphael,

Can you describe how you would like this feature to be implemented, and which parts of the application you would like to rebrand? Here is a suggestion, let me know if it would work for your use case:

When launched, Wayk Now could check a local path, and a global path on the system for branding files, such as the logo .png image. If the branding files are found, they would be loaded and used instead of the built-in ones. This particular feature would not be limited to the paid version. However, more advanced rebranding features that would go beyond this suggestion would be limited to the paid version.

What do you think?

Best regards,
-Marc-Andre

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

- Is it possible to custimize the Wayk Now executable to publish it on our own website?
- Look and feel: Company logo
- Options: Predefined settings
- Operation: Only ‘Allow Remote Control’

Clock7 mths

It is not possible to customize the Wayk Now executable at this point, but we are considering adding such a feature. Which versions of Wayk Now are you interested in: the self-contained executable, or the .msi installer? Also, do you have needs for platforms other than Windows? Are you using products with a similar feature, such that we could take a look to get a better understanding?

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

We want to create a customized self-contained executable, which we want to make available on one of our websites (behind a remote support link).
Currently we only have the need for the Windows platform, but we might want to add Apple Mac in the future.

We don't use other products right now, but we have seen customized TeamViewer QuickSupport executables that are customized with a logo and only the display of the code for remote support (without the option to take remote control).

Clock7 mths

Thank you for the explanation. Just to let you know that a self contained executable is harder to do than an msi with your logo and the configuration deployed at the same time. For the self contained, we have to resign the application with our Application Code Certificate.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

I would agree that this is also an important point with all of our clients.
Especially because the users have never heard about Wayk Now and implicitly don't trust anything new (as they have been instructed by there IT departments).

This would ease a future migration a lot, away from competing products that users already are comfortable with and use remote clients that already contain customised logo, text and etc.

Just my 5 cents wink

//Brandur

Clock7 mths

Hi,

I think it has become clear at this point that such a feature is something of interest. I have started evaluating the required work, it would just be a matter of when we can have it ready. I can't make any promises, but we are considering the possibility of adding this as a feature in Wayk Den on-premises. Licensed Wayk Den customers would be able to submit resources files to one of our servers that would generate a modified Wayk Now package that could be distributed separately. At a minimum, we should be able to rebrand the Windows version, we will see how we handle other platforms afterwards depending on the demand.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi Marc,

I'm new to Wayk Now, and this is an important feature for me. Has there been any further work or beta towards branding the Windows version at this stage? An update on this feature request would be awesome. --JM

Clock3 mths

Hi John,

Here is a quick update regarding the white label feature:

The current short term focus is getting the unattended mode ready (https://forum.devolutions.net/topic27041-run-as-a-service-remote-login.aspx). However, we have the Wayk Now white label feature high on our priority list due to multiple requests from customers. Since the last post in this thread, I did further research on the different ways this could be implemented.

One thing we discovered is we can modify the resource segment in a Windows executable without affecting code signing, which is good news because we now have a way to avoid having to code sign the executable a second time. I did an internal proof of concept to validate the technique: we can embed a 7-Zip archive containing branding resources inside the executable and load its contents at runtime. Modifying the executable can be done using the Resource Hacker tool.

The actual work still has to be done: we have to modify the program to load and use branding resources, build a default branding template, provide instructions and guidelines, and then provide a way to simplify the whole executable modification process. We haven't ruled out the possibility of exposing the modification process as a web service where one would submit resource files to obtain a modified executable.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi,
I agree with your all points I would like to add branding also includes about the product quality, it also creates a huge impact we need to do correct marketing strategies for better branding.
Branding may not be done in a day but if we do marketing in a correct way with the correct marketing strategy it may give a positive impact on our brand.
Thanks

Clock4 days

We are working hard on it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

Just a quick update regarding this feature, because I know a lot of users are eager to see it happen:

We have initial support for rebranding the Windows version, by placing an archive containing images and a json file inside %ProgramData%\Wayk or %AppData%\Wayk. We still have to review the structure of this archive and prepare a sample white label bundle that should be used as a reference. It is not everything that has been asked, but this means that one could deploy this file to rebrand Wayk Now without having to modify the original executable.

We have reviewed the different ways that the executable could be modified post-compilation to include additional resources, and unfortunately, it looks like past methods for doing so without breaking code signing no longer work with recent versions of Windows. This means that in order to provide an executable that bundles custom resources, one would need to code sign the executable again with its own valid certificate. We could provide some documentation on how to do that, but it would be for advanced users. To make this feature usable for most people, we will have to look into providing a web service that will build and code sign custom executables automatically.

The full feature set will unfortunately require more time and work, but we hope that the initial white label support will be enough to get started for many of you. I will post some screenshots soon to show what it will look like.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 days