Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Web Login extension still not working reliably.

When is this extension going to work like it should?

Using it with Chrome and the following sites wont work:

https://login.live.com/login.srf
wordpress
https://forum.devolutions.net/forum30-password-vault-manager--support.aspx

plus probably 50% of my logins!

Clock8 mths

Hello,

As you can see with the https://login.live.com website, the username and password are not on the same page. I don't know if it's easy or not for our engineering department to make the authentication possible without the interaction of the user using the Devolutions Web Login.

I will assign this topic to our engineering department so that they can verify this.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Hi,

Like Jeff said the 2 pages login like Login live or wordpress are not currently supported without interaction of the user.

For the other websites that don't work, you can find the username and password ids on the form by inspecting them by clicking right click on the fields and click on "inspect" and then write the fields id in the session in the "More Settings" window.

You can also send me the other websites that doesn't work. We would like to analyse them to see where the issues can be.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Wow, adding in the Id's has worked for the Devolution forum login so thats great.

I'll try this option with other sites as I find them

Thanks

Grant

Clock7 mths

lets look at the Dev forum login first:

my PVM record for this site has following url:
https://forum.devolutions.net/forum30-password-vault-manager--support.aspx

If I click on the world icon in PVM it opens browser at the PVM forum, and I have to take the extra steps to click on the login menu in top RH cnr and then click the * and pick my login credentials. Now I can login.

However, if I click on the url link in the last reply email on this thread:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic29174-web-login-extension-still-not-working-reliably.aspx?lastpage=1#post113476
it takes me to this thread, and then when I click on the login menu in top RH cnr, there is no * so I cant pick my credentials. WHY NOT

I understood the web extension validate off the domain not the entire url, so it should be able to match back to my PVM record???

Now looking at GMAIL login which my PVM url is:
https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/sl/pwd?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin

This takes me to a webpage with login and password on one page. (I have multiple gmail accounts). The login (profileIdentifier) is filled in with my email address but the password is blank, but has a * in it. If I click on the *, none of my PVM gmail logins appear to pick from

in the time I taken to write the above sentence, I have now switched back to the gmail browser tab, and my logins show up on the * dropdown. What is going on. I had tried F5 to refresh but that made no difference, but now 5 minutes later they show up. is there a delay in the extension getting the data from PVM???

Clock7 mths

AND NOW I GO BACK TO THE GMAIL TAB AND THE DROPDOWN LIST HAS GONE AGAIN!@#$%^&*()

AND NOW AFTER TYPING THIS I GO BACK AND THE GMAIL TAB AND THE DROPDOWN LIST IS POPULATED AGAIN.

And then when by the grace of god I can actually pick off the web extension list of PVM records, it wont enter anything in the password field !

The web extension is not working

Clock7 mths

Hi,

Even if you don't have the logo in the fields, you can select the credentials in the extension button (the button next to the url) and if you have the fields ids, it will fill them.

For gmail, I tried with a session with the url https://accounts.google.com in it. I didn't have the empty list and it filled the password.

When do you have an empty list? Could make a small video with the steps when you have an empty list?

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

I'm also having similar issues with web logon... Our Devolutions server has several web enabled browser sessions, however when I search for any of the entries in the web logon search dialogue, none of the sites / objects stored in Devolutions / RDM are found in search. Search only works if I currently have one of the saved URLs in my Devolutions / RDM, in the Chrome browser window - but now there's no need to search for it.

Additionally, if I'm on a stored URL, the web login doesn't always add a "1" etc.. to say there is a credential. Change tabs and come back, the addon updates the notification. Change tabs and come back, and I'll get a different option again.

Domain doesn't get passed to web browser for corporate authentication such as "DOMAIN/Username", even though I change the username settings to {Domain}\{User} in Advanced Properties.

I notice LastPass addon finds a lot more field IDs automatically, and web addon needs more manual investigation to set up web browser entries - I can't get vSphere authentication to work with Devolutions / RDM / Web login.... it works perfectively with LastPass.

Have latest Crhome addin.

Clock7 mths

Hi,

First, the search only works the sessions that were matched with the tab current url. You can't search a session unless the url was previously matching.

When you say that when you change tabs and you get different options, do you that you get sessions from another tab or it's empty?

I notice that you have opened an topic about similar issues, we also answered you there:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic29206-web-browser-inherited-authentication-with-domainuser-credentials-not-working.aspx?lastpage=1#post113639

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hi Oliver,

Yes I started the other thread before I noticed this one, and I've sent James an updated email as per his request.

The Web Addon doesn't autofill our page, if we change web browser tabs and change back to the target web page, then our credentials will populate.

However we can't get the username to fill as "Domain\Username" for Windows based authentication.

I'm curious why even have a search function if you're only going to find credentials on a site you're already on? The addon tells you if it has credentials for the URL you're at, so you just choose the correct one.

IMO the search function would be better served searching for web browser sessions which have been enabled via RDM or Devolutions - search, click and authenticate in one step. Search once you get the URL seems a bit pointless.

Clock7 mths

Hi,

We have been able to reproduce the autofill on vSphere on the page load. We will investigate it.

However I get the credentials as "Domain\Username". If you copy the username in the clipboard using "Copy Username" on the session in RDM. Do you have the username correctly resolved?

Devolutions Web Login doesn't have access to the sessions that are not matching with the current URL. The search is there if you have more than one credentials on a specific page.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Got some funky crazy stuff happening at the moment, have sent email with screenshots. Page opens, Web Logon shows the credential as "Domain\User", but won't fill in the username or password fields - I'm getting intermittent results.

If the search only works when on a specific page, how many credentials do you anticipate your customers would have per page? Would they use the search function, or just go straight to the drop down menu and chose it (quicker to click)?

In its current form, we wouldn't use the search function, as the credential is displayed when opening each website. We would use the search function a lot, if it was able to query all the web browser sessions which were marked as browser enabled (quicker resource search / access capability).

Clock7 mths

Hi,

Concerning your issues, we fixed the issues with Devolutions Web Login and it will be in the next update.

About the search, it varies from customer to customer but there are some that have a lot of credentials for one page and needed a search.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

When is there going to be an update for the web login, its becoming almost unusable now. I have to close PVM re-login, open browser 2 or 3 times before the interface finally shows my logins. This problem is now occurring on multiple website.

Clock5 mths

Hi Grant,

Devolutions Web Login 6.0.0.0, which is the next version, is coming out very soon.

We will keep you updated when it will be officially available.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hello,

the new Web Login 6.0.1.0 doesn't Connect to PVM 9.5.3.0

Clock4 mths

Hello,

@mario,

Which browser are you using?

Do you get an error message? If so, please post a print screen of this error message here.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

i see only the Loading Screen but no errors. Look at Print Screen. Befor the Update works fine.

Best Regards.

PVM_WEB.jpg
Clock4 mths

Hello,

I have some other questions for you.

1- Which browser are you using? Is it Chrome, Firefox, Edge or IE?

2- Have you tried to restart the browser or remove and reinstall Devolutions Web Login (DWL)?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

i use the Chrome Browser. A reinstall of Web Login has fix the Problem. Now works fine.

Thanks for Support.

Best Regards.

Clock4 mths