Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Installing RDM without knowing the Enterprise Serial

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

RDM - 12.6.8.0

When we create users in our DVLS and send them the datasource to import, they can't setup RDM without knowing the Enterprise serial key.
Only if they create a trial key and then import the datasource, only then they will be licensed by the enterprise key received from our DVLS.

I would expect it to allow any unlicensed installation of RDM to import our datasource, as they will only be allowed to receive the serial key from DVLS, when they actually log into the datasource with a valid user.

Is this in the plans?

Regards

Michael Leeming

Clock10 mths

Hello,

We offer a service called the Custom Installer;
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_custominstallermanager.htm

Basically, this will allow you to configure RDM with all the desired settings & data source configurations.

With this, you can also include the license so when you install it on your users workstations, they will be ready to start working.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

I forgot to mention that in RDM 13, if you have added the serial in Administration -> Data Source Settings -> Serial, the activation process is automatic.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock10 mths

But this looks as if it is related to a Cloud account?
We are using Devolutions Server and RDM clients to this.

Does it work with DVLS and do I need a cloud account to get going?

Mark Beausejour wrote:

Hello,

We offer a service called the Custom Installer;
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_custominstallermanager.htm

Basically, this will allow you to configure RDM with all the desired settings & data source configurations.

With this, you can also include the license so when you install it on your users workstations, they will be ready to start working.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

Clock10 mths

Hello,

Indeed to generate a Custom Installer, it requires that you create a Devolutions Cloud Account to generate one. You may create your account here;
https://cloud.devolutions.net/

This service is not tied to any specific data sources. You can create a custom installer and include your DVLS Data Source in it so that when users open RDM, they will already have this data source and they will connect with their own user.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths