Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Installer issue

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Every time I update RDM, whether it's a manual download of the MSI file from your website, or an automatic update from RDM itself, the installer will always create shortcuts to my Quick Launch, as well as pin to my taskbar. I have unticked adding shortcuts to desktop and quick launch and every update it will add them regardless. Not a big deal, but rather annoying when I have to delete those shortcuts from my quick launch and unpin from taskbar after every update.

Always using the latest beta RDM x64 version.
Local data source.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, I will see with our engineering department if something can be done regarding this.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

We have been able to reproduce your issue internally.

A ticket has been opened to our engineering department regarding this.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

This issue seems to be resolved installing RDM 13.0.15.0
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

Is it the case?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Jeff,

I'm on the latest beta and still have the same issue. Pins the x86 version to both taskbar and quick launch.

Local data source.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have been able to reproduce the issue. The ticket has been re-opened to our engineering department.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi there,

This is still an issue in the latest beta. Not a big deal, but annoying having to delete the shortcut from Quick Launch and unpin from the taskbar every time I update the app (even though I have ticked to not create shortcuts during the installer wizard process).

Local data source.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We would need to update our installer tool to resolve these kind of issues as mentioned here
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic29257-installerupdater-annoyances.aspx

Sorry for the late reply regarding this.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

The latest beta installer is still creating a shortcut under Quick Launch:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Local data source.

Clock9 mths

@chaoscreater,

I have opened a ticket regarding your issue to our engineering department.
The ticket number is RDMW-2411.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Latest beta still creates installer shortcut to Quick Launch...

%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Local data source.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I will transfer this information to our engineering department.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths