Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Credentials parameter for PowerShell cmdlets

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible to include a Credential parameter for Set-RDMSession and Set-RDMSessionProperty? My users are read only, but I'd like to be able to elevate their access via a macro or tool so they can modify specific session properties. I've had some pretty inconsistent results attempting to "Run As Different User" on a PowerShell session.

Clock10 mths

Do you mean to override the current credentials values? Do you mean a credential entry?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

I'd like to be able to pass an elevated PSCredential for a read only user within PowerShell.

Set-RDMSession $Session -Credential (elevated-PSCredential)

This would allow me to create PowerShell macros for read only users with the ability to update the metainformation of the session. I am using a data source custom variable to pull the password of an account that has edit rights and I can use "Run As" within a template macro but this has been a bit inconsistent and requires the script to validate and change the repository which takes a bit of time.

Clock10 mths

Hello Ryan,

How about allowing that user to modify a CSV file, you would have a CSV Synchronizer running under your account that would update the sessions on a regular basis?

I suggest this because our internal discussions lead us to conclude that your request would be almost impossible to perform without major architectural changes.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

That could work... I have been thinking about moving to the synchronizers. I remember reading something about a potential PowerShell synchronizer somewhere on the forums... is that still in the works?
I'll do some testing with the CSV synchronizer and see what works. There's always more than one way to do something in RDM smile

Clock10 mths