Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

update INFORMATION with PS

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I would change INFORMATION item VERSION with powershell ( in yellow in the printscreen in attachment)

How can i do ?

regads

Vincent

RDM - VERSION.png
Clock2 yrs

Hello Vincent,

from RDM-Powershell (more information about here):

1. Get the ID from the Session
Get-RDMSession -Name Test

Name Group ID
---- ----- --
test d50c719e-6a7d-4239-a5e2-ecbd804afc21

2. Set the new Name for "VERSION"
Set-RDMSessionProperty -Id d50c719e-6a7d-4239-a5e2-ecbd804afc21 -Path MetaInformation -Property CustomField1Title "VERSION #2"

3. (OPTIONAL) Check the new Property
Get-RDMSessionProperty -Id d50c719e-6a7d-4239-a5e2-ecbd804afc21 -Path MetaInformation -Property CustomField1Title
VERSION #2

=================================================
If you want to change the Value from the VERSION field (11.5b 11500)
=================================================

Set the Property
Set-RDMSessionProperty -Id d50c719e-6a7d-4239-a5e2-ecbd804afc21 -Path MetaInformation -Property CustomField1Value -Value "Your New Value"

(OPTIONAL) Check the new Property
Get-RDMSessionProperty -Id d50c719e-6a7d-4239-a5e2-ecbd804afc21 -Path MetaInformation -Property CustomField1Value
Your New Value

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

Thanks, but we have a problem with the commad:

Set-RDMSessionProperty -Id d50c719e-6a7d-4239-a5e2-ecbd804afc21 -Path MetaInformation -Property CustomField1Value -Value "Your New Value"

this command change the value but reset the name of the customfield1value from for my RDM "VERSION" to "Custom #1", it's not good

regards
Vincent

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

• Whats your RDM version?
  • On which entry type did you do the change? (SSH, RDP..)
on my tests the title keep the name when I change the value. (tested on RDM 13.0.6.0)

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

the version is 13.0.8 and the entry is Web Browser http/https

It's ok just if i use this line one time :

Set-RDMSessionProperty -Id d50c719e-6a7d-4239-a5e2-ecbd804afc21 -Path MetaInformation -Property CustomField1Title "VERSION #2"

after i can use this command

one or more time, the name of customfield is already the same.

But if i use directly:

the name of customfiel is reset by "custom #1"

regards

Vincent

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I am unable to reproduce the issue with RDM 13.0.8.0.

What are the exact steps to reproduce this issue?
Are you using the PowerShell module or you try to change the value within the PowerShell embedded tool in RDM?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

i use a script powershell toto.ps1 like this:

Import-Module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.psd1"

Set-RDMCurrentDataSource -ID "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Get-RDMSession | where-Object {$_.Name -like 'WWW*' -and $_.Name -like '*DSN*'} | ForEach-Object {
$url = Get-RDMSessionProperty -id $_.ID -Property "WebBrowserUrl"
$page = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $url
$version = $page.ParsedHtml.getElementById('footVersion').textContent
$revision = $page.ParsedHtml.getElementById('footRevision').textContent
$urlVersion = (($version).Remove(0, 10)).trim()+" b"+($revision).Remove(0, 11)
write-host $urlVersion
Set-RDMSessionProperty -Id $_.ID -Path MetaInformation -Property CustomField1Title "VERSION"
Set-RDMSessionProperty -Id $_.ID -Path MetaInformation -Property CustomField1Value -Value $urlVersion
}

We search in RDM item with strings "www" and "dsn" and we extract a vrsion number of the homepage for update the number in th customfield1value

but if we just put the last line , the title of customfield1 reset with "custom#1" ...... strange

we must put the line with CustomField1Title option for insert the title

regards

Vincent

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

From your script, I am still unable to reproduce the issue. The custom field value is updated and the title is not reset to its default value.

I have also noticed that the Set-RDMSession cmdlet is missing in your script. You need to save the modification with the Set-RDMSession cmdlet.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs