Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Shortcut Option for Custom-Installer

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

would be nice if you would provide the possibility to enable or disable the creation of shortcuts on the taskbar/desktop/start menu:

We enroll the msi package with Symantec Altiris wich installs it over the msiexec command "msiexec.exe /i "Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.13.0.6.0.msi" /qn ALLUSERS=2". The problem is, that everytime we enroll an update the installer creates Shortcuts on desktop and the taskbar (2 icons: x32/x64-version). That's really annoying for many employees.

Regards,
Nico

Clock11 mths

Hi,
I wish it would be simple but unfortunately the way we create the custom installer, we can't access this setting to control the installer options. Honestly at this point I don't have a solution but I will think about it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Nico,

we ran into a similar situation not long ago. We had the problem that the 64-Bit RDM Icon was pinned onto the taskbar and people were starting this version instead of the 32-Bit version. The problem was that the 64-Bit version did not work well with some of the SAP Addons that we use (SAPGui). Our solution was to remove the pinned Icon with a powershell script after the installation.

The script we used (and customized to our needs) can be found here: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/b66434f1-4b3f-4a94-8dc3-e406eb30b750#content

If you just want to delete a desktop icon you could send a del command that deletes the *.lnk file after the installation process is done.
i.e. del "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Remote Desktop Manager.lnk" /Q

If you need further help with the script let me know.

Best regards,
Hermann

Clock10 mths