Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Inventory Report on Linux servers

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello.

It seems the Inventory Report is based on WMI for Microsoft´s servers, is possible to run it on Linux servers by a script?.
Thank you.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
It's not possible for now but that something that we would like to do eventually. Do you have script already?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi.

No because I don´t have a clue how to insert the data into Desktop Manager fields, there are lots of Linux scripts on the web so grabbing one a customizing it shouldn´t be a hard problem.

Regards.

Clock2 yrs

No problem. I will add this to our todo list. We plan to eventually support Linux in term of inventory management.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello.

Any news about this? Could you provide a template?.

Regards

Clock10 mths

Nothing new for now but that's something we plan to do soon.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hi.

Any news?, I would like to launch a script after Linux login to update / fill the inventory also, for Windows, it seems is not working unless you are domain admin, shouldn't it work as a local admin?. I'm currently using version 11.7.6.0 until our security team approves framework update.

Regards.

Clock4 mths

Hello,
We have something on our todo list for Linux but it's not ready yet.

For Windows, we use WMI and perhaps something is limited with the local admin.

https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/troubleshooting_wmi.htm

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Thanx, I´m still getting the ERROR: Description = The RPC server is unavailable, it seems there are not allowed ports, so I'm trying to launch a remote script or use the agent, but how can I import the data into the RDM database?. BTW any hope to get some script documentation for the Linux inventory?.

Regards.

Clock4 mths

@gustavo,

The RPC server is unavailable error message is a message from Microsoft.

At the bottom of this help article, there's two commands that you can try on your computer to test the WMI requests and see if they are working to get information from the remote computer.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?troubleshooting_wmi.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi.

It seems network security team doing its job, I can launch a script as a sub-connection to get some wmic queries, I would like to import that answer into the information tab as much as effortless as possible also, doing the same for Linux.

Regards.

Clock4 mths

Do you have a sample of the Linux result?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi.

Yup:

sudo facter | grep -i 'hw_model'
=> HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8

Clock4 mths

Hi, any update on this request?.

Regards.

Clock3 mths