Forum / Password Vault Manager - Bug Report

Copy Username and Password not working after upgrading to 9.0.x

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

After upgrading to 9.0.0.0 and now 9.0.1.0 the Copy Username and Password button is not working in PVM. This was working previously in 8.x on my system.

The individual Copy Username and Copy Password buttons are working.

Clock2 yrs

Hi Colin,

On what type of entry are you trying to do a Copy Username and password, is it a credential entry?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I'm seeing it on the Login (Account) type and Username/Password type.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Can you go to File -> Options -> General -> In the Clipboard section, use the dropdown menu next to ''Clipboard copy method'' and select ''Paste once (secure)''

In the past, this setting has been known to sometime cause issue while using Copy Password/Username. Same issue can occur if you use any program that interfere with the clipboard.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

ClipboardIssue.png
Clock2 yrs

That did not correct the issue. Point of clarification, I'm using Password Vault Manager, not Remote Desktop Manager which you showed in your screenshot. That said, I made the settings change in both and tested, the issue appears to exist in both products.

Additional information that you may want. I'm on Windows 10 1703, build 15063.786. However we're seeing the same issue across all of the systems on my team which are a mix of Windows 10 and Window 7.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I apologize for my screenshot, I meant to send the one I took from PVM but I sent the one from RDM instead. That being said, could you revert to a previous version to see if your still having your issue. It will help us narrowing our field of search.

Use the following link to download the 8.6.0.0 version of PVM.

http://cdn2.devolutions.net/download/Setup.PasswordVaultManager.8.6.0.0.exe

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Well, I'm not sure what fixed it, but I had my Surface re-imaged last week and it's working now. Also appears to be working on my Windows 7 VDI. I'll check around with my team and see if they're having the same experience.

Clock2 yrs

That’s good news! Thanks for your feedback!

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs