Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

"Placeholder" credentials?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Not entirely sure if maybe this is already possible, but if so I've not been able to figure it out. We have numerous situations where each team member has individual credentials for devices we use RDM to access. Currently we handle that by prompting for credentials, but that adds a step and requires that the team member know which of their personal credentials applies for whatever item they're trying to access. It works, but it's a little clumsy.

It would be awesome if there were a way to create "placeholder" credentials applied to those devices that individuals could then map their personal credentials to without having to prompt to select credentials each time.

The way I'd envision it working would be you'd create a special type of credential that doesn't hold any username/password info but can be configured as the credential for entries in RDM. Those "placeholder" credentials would be stored somewhere where individuals could map or associate their personal credentials so that when connecting to those entries it always automatically uses their individual credentials. Ideally this would allow each user to quickly add their individual Active Directory, TACACS, web login, etc. credentials and tie them to the generic placeholder credentials, allowing RDM to use their individual credentials automatically anywhere the placeholder credentials are configured.

Clock11 mths

Hello,

We have a feature called User Specific Settings who allow you to override the credential of a session to use your own credential.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/edit_userspecificsettings.htm

This feature works great with another feature which is the Private Vault. The Private Vault is a personal vault that you can use to store your own credentials.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/view_navigation_privatevault.htm

I think this is what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths