Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Bug Report

Domain-Auth-Problem after Update to 4.7.1.0

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

we encounter following Problem: Account used by Domain Authentication gets locked in AD.

Server1: DVLS 4.7.0.0
Server2: DVLS 4.7.1.0

When a client prior RDM 13.0.x.x tries to connect @ Server with DVLS 4.7.0.0 Authentication fails. It can't connect to DVLS.

When a client prior RDM 13.0.x.x tries to connect @ Server with DVLS 4.7.1.0 Authentication fails and - thats the very odd thing - Account for Domain Authentication used by DVLS gets locked in Active Directory.

I know, that your release notes say: "you have to be on RDM 13.0.5.0 or newer"

But when users return from holidays and forgot to update their client my whole system gets messed up by locking my Authentication Account.

That should not happen. I think there is a bad routine in 4.7.1.0 that misses one or more checks ....

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 yrs

Hi Markus,

I will transfer these information to our engineering team, but what I think the problem is. The AD account try to much time to reach the domain with a bad syntax so the AD just block it. Do you have any information about this in the event log on your AD server?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Security Log of Domain Controller:

User,The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account. Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0 Logon Account: rdm-service Source Workstation: RDMSRVTEST Error Code: 0xc000006a

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 yrs

Thanks,

As soon as I have more information I will inform you.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi again, if you want to stop this account lock you can force DVLS to accept RDM 13.0.5 and higher.

In the Administration tab go to Data source setting --> Applications --> Remote Desktop Manager

and set the Minimal version to 13.0.5 and set a Minimal version custom message for your colleague.

Regards

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

yes i solved it that way.

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 yrs