Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Disabling import features

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is there a way to disable the import options in the Add New Entry dialog? I have Import\Export disabled in the context menu but need to remove it completely. I have a feature request submitted to lock down the private vault to allow credentials only but in the short term, if I can hide\disable the import options from showing, this could be a good temporary solution.

Clock2 yrs

Do you mean hide it also for the private vault?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I was trying to find a short term solution rather than waiting for new features to be released. You guys are really on top of things in regards to releasing new features... but I'll have to wait for an actual release (not beta) before I can deploy in production.
Either option would be fine. The ultimate goal is to enable the private vault for credential objects only. If there is not an existing method to remove the import features, my preference would be to wait for the "credentials only" private vault.

• Ability to remove the import options from the New Entry dialog or disable the import functions altogether
  • Credentials only private vault setting

Clock2 yrs

I think that the simple solution is to add a policy to only allow credential connection in the private vault. It's already possible to disable the import if you go in the file user. I will still appear in the Add dialog (it's a bug already fixed) but it will not add it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks! I haven't been able to find the setting to disallow the import features you mention. I have a read-only account with explicit "None" in the user privileges (Import and Export). In the client settings, I have Include Import/Export Menus unchecked but I am still able to use the import functions in the private vault and it will create session types that I have explicitly disallowed.

Is there a setting elsewhere that I missed?

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
This is why I was asking if you needed that for Private vault because the import setting only apply for the shared data source. We will need the policy to restrict the private vault content.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Ah, I misunderstood. Yes, I would like to be able to hide the import options from the private vault.

Clock2 yrs

Hello Ryan,

We have added 2 policies which will be ready for use in the next beta of RDM. If you aren't sure how to activate them, you can take a look at the following link : https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?how_to_modify_the_group_policy.htm

The policies you will need to activate are called "DisableImportInPrivateVault" and "OnlyAllowCredentialsInPrivateVault".

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thank you!

Clock2 yrs