Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Certificate expiration alerts

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

At this moment we use Devolutions to store Certificates. We also add the expiration date to the certificate but it would be very efficient if Devolutions would send an alert email 6 to 8 weeks before the certificate does expire so a replacement can be requested in time. It would also be a great addition if people could edit the discription in from a shortcut so people can keep logging of the installation of certain certificates without the possibility to edit the primary entry.

Clock12 mths

Hi,
That something we could do with DVLS (Devolutions Server). Without a server or a service, it would be hard to do.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. We are using DVLS. After I viewed the forum better I saw I created it under RDM but it had to be underneed DVLS.

So it is possible to add this feature in DVLS?

Regards,
Stijn Vagevuur

Clock10 mths

Hi,
I will make sure to add this to the DVLS feature list.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hi David, would you be able to provide me with a status update? Do you know when this feature will be available?

Clock9 mths

This summer.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi David,

Could you please provide me a status update? Do you know if the feature was implemented in DVLS?

Clock3 mths

This will be in DPS 6.0. This version will be released by the end of September.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi David,

We are testing the latest DPS version, version 6.0.2.0, in combination with RDM 14.0.4.0 64-bit. Can you tell me where I can set the notification for expiring certificates?

Clock11 days

Hi,

at the moment the way to accomplish this would be to create a "Scheduling Report" of type "Expired Entry List". This does not allow you to choose a specific entry type for the report for the time being and so the report will contain all entries that correspond to the filter requirements of the report which can be:

- Include expired entries
- Include manually flagged expired entries
- Include entries expiring in X days

The report can also be configured with recurrence, so you could have a weekly report of the entries expiring in the coming week.

Here are some screenshots to show you where and how to configure it from the "Reports" section, this must be done by an administrator.

Best regards,
Luc Lemieux, Software developper DPS

Reports

Calendar

ReportFilter

Luc Lemieux, Software Developper DPS

signaturesignature

Reports.png
Calendar.png
ReportFilter.png
Clock11 days

Dear Luc,

Thank you for your reply. We are going to test it.

Clock10 days