Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Cannot Create New User

Hi, we've had PWManager for a couple of years now and the SQL database login has not changed however recently when trying to create a new user, I am being given a message that the login for the database is invalid. This is weird because when I test the connection to the database with the same credentials it works. Please advise. I've added a word doc with screenshots.

Pwmanager error 12-18-17.docx
Clock9 mths

Hello,

Does the pwmanageradmin user exist in the Administration -> Users menu?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Yes it does

Pwmanager error 12-18-17 (2).docx
Clock9 mths

Hello,

Could you try to select the account in Administration -> Users and press the Fix SQL Login button to see if that help.
2017 12 18 16 21 48

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2017-12-18_16-21-48.png
Clock9 mths

Yes I've tried that, same login error. Would this have anything to do with licensing?

Clock9 mths

Hello,

No, it's not a problem with the license. I suspect that your user doesn't have enough privileges to create other administrators. Is this possible?

If you create a new non-admin user, are you able to connect with this non-admin user?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

I cannot create a new user at all, admin or non-admin. Before this was no problem.

Clock9 mths

Hello,

What version of RDM are you running presently?

Do you remember which version you we're using before?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Hi, This isn't RDM, it's Password Vault Manager. It's version 8.6.0.0, my co worker is running the latest version with an up to date license and is also experiencing the same issue.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

Indeed, you are using PVM and not RDM, sorry for the confusion of my last post.

All this is very strange. Do you have access to connect with the account that you have used to create the SQL Azure database? If yes, could you please connect with that user and try to create a new user to see if it's working or not.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

ok it worked with the original user. Must be something going on with the pwmanageradmin user account. This can be closed. Thanks.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Glad that is now working.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths