Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Possibility to create a shortcut from a sub connection

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

would be nice if a shortcut can also created from a sub-connection - at the moment it is only possible for the parent entry.

Best Regards,
Min

Clock12 mths

Hello Min,
Unfortunately our sub connection architecture does not allow us to do that. It's saved in Parent connection.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Hi David,
That's a pity - but thanks for the information - then I will think about a workaround wink

Best Regards,
Min

Clock12 mths

What was the scenario? Perhaps we can help.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Attached an example of a typical structure from our entries - the goal is to have a shortcut for the VMware Konsole below the Company level. For the VMware entries it can be a workaround to create a server group and configure independent entries - now the shortcut for the specified service can be configured.

But we have also RDP as main connection with subconnections, and to use here the folder workaround is a little bit awkward - specially if you want to use the inventory feature. Then you have mixed rdp entries and server groups on the same level - and this is what I would like to prevent.

Thank you!

Regards,
Min

Company.rdm
Clock12 mths

Sorry for the delay. For now I have no idea on how we could resolve this. I will continue to think about it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

No problem, it is not such urgent wink
All the best for the new year! Toast

Regards,
Min

Clock11 mths