Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Custom VPN "Wait for exit" option

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It would be REALLY useful if the Custom VPN option had an additional "Wait for exit" (with timeout) option, so that the custom VPN client could be called and RDM just waited until this had exited before continuing. This would be the same option that's already present in the Event->Command Line Before/After Connect/Disconnect but for some reason isn't present in the Custom VPN options? There are a LOT of wait options but I was surprised to not the the "Wait for exit" amongst them.

Although we can use the "Detect reachable host in wait" option to help keep RDM from progressing, it's still not as clean as just waiting for the VPN client to exit. The VPN client does all the checks required before it exits, so there is no need for RDM to do checking as the interface and IP address will already be available by the time the VPN client exits.

Please can you confirm whether this simple request this is something that can be added to a future development, hopefully for the benefit of other too?

Clock12 mths

Hello Mark,
I will add a feature request for that. Just a curiosity question. Which VPN do you use with the Custom VPN?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

In this instance Draytek and a custom built automation.

Clock12 mths

Hello Mark,

The "Wait for exit" option has been added to the Custom VPN entries internally. This feature should be available for use in the next beta of RDM.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Hi Michaël,

Thank you very much, that will be useful and I will look out for the next Beta release.

Best regards,

Mark.

Clock11 mths

Mark Flintham wrote:

In this instance Draytek and a custom built automation.

Can you tell me how you use Draytek VPN, is it the SmartVPN.
We still have one customer on a Draytek and any way to automate it would be godlike for us.

Clock9 mths

@Jeffrey Veenhuis,

Do you know if Draytek offers a command line, API or SDK so that we can integrate the VPN in RDM?

If yes, you can open an official add-on request at https://forum.devolutions.net/forum19-remote-desktop-manager--addons.aspx with the proper information. This information is very helpful for our engineering deparment.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

Unfortunately not, no command line or SDK which is why we built a custom solution. We are thinking about releasing this and potentially other Draytek 3rd party tools that are only used internally at the moment but this has not been confirmed.

Clock9 mths