Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Typing passwords: auto type like KeyPass does

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

The auto-typing function with the 'delay' in which you manually need to set the focus is ok - but hard to do.
When you wait to long you lose time; when the delay is not long enough... Note that the speed of user A is not the same as user B wink

In my opinion KeyPass does a better job. You go to keypass - select the entry you needs and press a option in the menu or press a key-combination and the application automatically selects the last selected window - focusses it ; and executes the auto typing to fill in the username + password.

I would love to see this feature being implemented in RDM. Since KeyPass is opensource you could have a look on how they have implemented it.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

We have a Type Clipboard button in the Actions tab when you launch a RDP session. Is this what you are looking for?
2017 12 13 21 43 30

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, May 20, 2019.

signaturesignature

2017-12-13_21-43-30.png
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

You can also create a typing macro session type and press the Execute in previous window to accomplish this.
2017 12 13 21 54 56

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on Monday, May 20, 2019.

signaturesignature

2017-12-13_21-54-56.png
Clock2 yrs

Thanks for the fast answer!

The "Execute in Previous" is indeed the thing I was missing. In this case I am using a TeamViewer (or Citrix Receiver by portal) session, so I dont have the I dont have the "Actions" option available ( no 'Type Clipboard' is possible).

Note that it would be nice if we could assign (custom) menu items and/or (custom) shortcuts to entries.

At this moment I need to:
- Open TeamViewer
- Go select the "login" entry
- Go to Home ribbon and slect Macro/Script ; choose my Makro
- Exec in Previous Window

Preferred solution:
- Add menu item in "Login" entry for my custom Macro/Script with custom shortcut key.

[see also https://forum.devolutions.net/topic28835-typing-passwords-execute-multiple-typing-makros--custom-shortcuts.aspx]

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I think that I have an idea how we could simplify it. I will add an option in the Typing Macro to force the execute in Previous Windows. You will be able to execute it from the Macro/Script/Tool dashboard.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs