Well, I just bought my license today and found a bug. Other than that awesome software. I am a BIG open source guy and I decided you buy your software because of how promising it looks. Plus, nothing I could find came close to RDM for the price. Trial expired about 3 weeks ago and today I decided to buy it.

I can see my bucket and I can see my objects up to a certain point then it stop loading anymore.

I think this is the problem RDM is having.

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=251661

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I will verify that. Thank you for the link

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

its exactly as you thought wink I will implement the fetch loop right now

Maurice Côté

Customers that operate Devolutions Server can get remote assistance sessions for performing upgrades, please contact us at

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

That worked. Updated to V 8.2.13.0

I believe this is related, so I am posting here instead of creating a new Topic.

Only some of these are being processed in tree view the rest is just the file names.

As you can see Tonya folder and sub folders are correct. After music starts and from that point on with other "root" folders they are not placed in a tree view.

S3FolderBug
edited by Z on 5/13/2013

S3FolderBug.png
Clock5 yrs

Hi

What do you mean by "processed", I dont see from the screen capture

Maurice Côté

Customers that operate Devolutions Server can get remote assistance sessions for performing upgrades, please contact us at

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

ok, its not related to the number, but to the hierarchy. This will be looked at in the coming days.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi

I cannot reproduce

s3

How did you upload those files? Using RDM or another S3 explorer?

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

s3.jpg
Clock5 yrs

I used http://s3tools.org/s3cmd ... Hmm

Clock5 yrs

when getting ready to upload a new complex directory structure containing 12k files and a deep hierarchy of folders, I went to delete my previous folder that contained 3k files.

Well it deleted the first 1k files and stopped. It seems the 1000 limit is also there for other operations than LIST.

What's interesting is that now I have your bug, my files appear in the root with the folder name prefixed. I will be able to find the issue. I will also have to implement the loop for other operations.
edited by mcote on 5/17/2013

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

... I did move some files to other buckets with recently. Glad it is happening to you and I don't have to try reuploading all those files to rule that out.

Clock5 yrs

well, the notion of "Folders" doesnt really exist on S3, there is a single KEY, which corresponds to what we think of as the full PATH i.e. \media\video_ts\video.fob

Most tools are nice and just present media and video_ts as folders, us humans are expecting this.

When the S3 browser was implemented, it was decided to create an empty file to represent to folder. The issue is caused by that empty file being gone.

I will modify the code to not depend on that file anymore

In the meantime, if you use RDM to recreate the folder, all the files will go back under it.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs