Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

SSH session, recalling command, not inserting new characters but overwriting

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Good afternoon,

When connected and working on an SSH session you usually enter commands and press the arrow keys to recall your commands to save on typing. However, I've noticed that instead of you being able to append/modify the command, as you type in the new characters within the command it overwrites your command but doesn't add spaces. You end up with a "garbled" view of the command and you don't know what the ned command really looks like. Does this make sense? Wanted to also add a scenario of SSH into Ubuntu Server 16.04.3 LTS

Clock2 yrs

Hi Juan,

What is your version of RDM Mac?

Could you reply with a print screen of the SSH terminal reproducing the issue? A video could prove even more useful.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

So in the first image "Command recall before change" I just pressed the up arrow in the session so I don't have to retype the command I want to change.
The screenshot "Moved cursor to modify -d option" is exactly that and now I'll just type in a a few characters of a larger word (going to use directory) to demonstrate what happens.
The screenshot "Command showing directory overwriting previous command" shows how the word directory starts to over write and not insert characters.
The screen shot "Directory fully consumed" shows directory over wrote the command.
The last screen shot (Final) shows what happens when I press down on down arrow and recall the previous command and you'll see the full command. Which I shouldn't have to do every time...but its something I saw while troubleshooting.

Xavier, I also noticed that this may happen if I modify characters after an option mark (dash symbol -). Not sure if you can replicate the issue.

My version is RDM for Mac Enterprise Edition v 4.6.0.0

Hope this all helps.

Command recall before change.png
Moved cursor to modify the -d option.png
Command showing directory overwriting previous command.png
Directory fully consumed part of the other commands.png
Final.png
Clock2 yrs

Hi Juan,

I'm pretty sure I understand your issue. I'm unable to reproduce it though. This might be a compatibility issue between your SSH server and our client.

What's your server OS?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs