Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Hide from Users\Read-Only Users (Navigation pane) - Apply macros to folders

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We have a large number of credentials and macro\scripts\tools that need to be available to our regular users and seems to create a lot of confusion. For example, all of the macro's are useless without being applied to a session via the dashboard... why have them visible to users without edit permissions in the navigation pane? The same goes for credential objects. Having an option to hide folders from read-only users would certainly help minimize the noise.

Another option that would be very helpful in cleaning up the noise is to allow macros to be visible to specific folders. For example, my sessions are grouped by application (folder). If I create a custom macro\script\tools specific for that particular application, I would want to make it visible in the dashboard for only session objects underneath that folder. Right now, the dashboard Macro\Scripts\Tools are filled with macros that do not apply to the selected session. We just hope they click on the right one after they scroll through the list.

Clock12 mths

Hi,
I will add a feature request for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Hi,
By the way, if I remember correctly, you can assign a View permission to your macro. You could hide them from your default users by creating a custom Role just for the Macro and assign it. What do you think?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths

Did you give everyone the day off today except yourself? smile

Yes, that is very useful for restricting access to the macro so that it shows up for some users but not others. In the use case above, it restricts their access completely rather than just hiding it from the navigation pane. I would still want them to see and be able to execute the macros in the dashboard (as well as credentials)

Clock12 mths

Don't worry everybody is at the office working on new features and bug fixes smile

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock12 mths