Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Private Vault missing after database restore

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

as part of service restore testing we restored "SQL nightly backup". I noticed that roles did not apply to users and also users report that Private Vault is missing. Does that mean that DVLS recreated users in db? We use SSO, AD accounts.

Best regards,
Rok B

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Could you provide us more details on how the backup was made and how it was restored?

Is it just the SQL database that has been restored?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

Virtual server (I guess max 5 days old backup) and sql full backup, all databases (max 15 hours old).
Server had same object in AD and we didn't have to rejoin.

Best regards,
Rok B

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Do you have duplicate user accounts in the User and Security Management dialog in your DVLS instance?
It could be the same user account with different username format like the NetBios, UPN and/or username only.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

No, users are not duplicated (at least not in the interface), users that reports missing Private Vault has the has a green ticked Private Vault in the User management interface - but her RDM doesn't show any entry in Private Vault.
Users are all with UPN, we use SSO - now that is hard to tell since user information in RDM shows samaccountname, while user management shows UPN (or database user). In the user report I can see activity logs, preior and after the restore...

Best regards,
Rok B

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Could you please send us a screen shot of the users list? You can send it in a private message or at support@devolutions.net.

From a user that is connected with RDM and having the issue, please go in File - My Data Source Information and send us this report by clicking on the small envelop on the top left corner of that dialog.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs