Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Focus switching to active window when unlocking RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Since the last update (13.0.3.0 64-bit) I'm having an issue where the focus switches from the RDM unlock screen to one of my open sessions. This only happens when I've locked my screen and have to enter my username/password to unlock RDM.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Is it possible to post some print screens of the issue or maybe a small video.

This would help so that we can try to reproduce your issue.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Basically what will happen as I type in my password, it will do the first 3 characters and then the focus will switch to one of the windows I had open in RDM and type the rest of it there. I have to then click on the login box again to refocus.

This is happening about %35 of the time (please see the screenshots).

Password Issue.JPG
Password Issue 2.JPG
Clock3 yrs

Hi,

We have been able to reproduce your issue, a ticket has been sent to the engineering team.

It seems to only happen with powershell active in an open tab can you confirm this?

Thank you for reporting this.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I could only replicate the issue when a PowerShell window was open, not when the likes of an RDP session was open.

It might be an idea to test if the problem occurs when using the likes of puty as it may work similar to the PowerShell window. Right now I don't have any ssh based devices I could test with.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,
same problem here.
We are using the security feature "lock application" from rdm, with parameters "on idle", "on standby" and "on windows lock".

When unlocking, the Keyboard-Cursor-Focus moves suddenly from the unlock-window, to an open RDM-Connection, and the password for unlocking RDM is written as "background input" clear text into the shell of the via putty connected host.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

RDM-Version used: 13.6.7.0 64bit

kindly regards,
JS

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Could you please use the following link in order to test our most recent Beta of RDM and see if this issue still occur?
https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download#Beta

If you are using an Advanced Data Source, a Database upgrade will be required, for this reason I recommend that you consult the following link to create a backup of your environment:
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/bestpractices_backups.htm

You can also create a Portable version of RDM if you wish to test this version without affecting your current installation:
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_portableusb.htm

Best regards,

James Lafleur

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs