I was preparing a workshop and noticed that this content wasn't available online, so I will post this here until we add it to the online help.
When migrating data, or even wishing to have a FULL backup of a system, some aspects must be handled carefully:
The scenario is therefore:
- Documents: they must be exported individually when they are stored in your data source
- Private Vault: Other users, including sysadmins, do NOT have access to your private vault, each user must ensure to create a copy for safekeeping
- Templates come in two different flavors: Local or Shared. They are not stored in the same manner.
I will attach the scripts to this post, please add your questions/comments in replies to this topic.
- Full export of the data by a sysadmin, this will include local and global templates, the sessions, the binary content of documents stored in the datasource, etc.
- Individual export of the Private Vault by each individual user.