Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Bug Report

Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Getting this error when trying to connect to my data source. Using SQL Azure, shared passphrase, and 2 factor with Google Auth. When I set up the data source I made sure to select Azure, and I can successfully "Test" the database. Since I can't take a snapshot from phone I'll try and type the more detailed error message.

Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.TryGoOfflineException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Recieve (System.Byte[]buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlasgs socket-Flags)

Clock2 yrs

Hi Demetri,

Thank you for reporting the problem that you are experiencing.

We will investigate and let you know what we find.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Demetri,

We have tested SQL Azure with Two factor (Google Auth) and a shared passphrase and we are not able to reproduce the problem that you are experiencing.

Which version of RDM Android are you using?

For our tests, we used the version 3.81

Have you tried deleting the data source on Android and re-creating one?

Can you send us a print screen of you data source settings (connection Tab) ?

If you can, you can send the print screen to me at: ndufour@devolutions.net

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Using version 3.81. This was a clean install and first time setting data source up. Can't take snapshot as app doesn't allow it.

Clock2 yrs

Hi Demetri,

For security reasons, the application blocks screen captures. This can be disabled in the application settings.

From the application drawer -> Settings -> Protect data from screen capture (this is under the security section).

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Sent.

Clock2 yrs

Hi All,

It appears that the problem was network related.

Demetri has confirmed that everything is working as expected with the SQL Azure data source.

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs