Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

[SOLVED] SSH - Do not lose context when connection is lost

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Using RDM Free 4.0.1.0 and a SSH connection.

Currently, when a SSH connection is lost, the screen is being cleared. Would it be possible to let it as it is, in order to not lose the terminal text that was displayed.

Moreover, it would be nice if the terminal wouldn't be cleared as well when doing a reconnect.

In other words, exactly as Putty does it, as shown on the screenshot below:

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the request. We'll see what we can do to add this feature to the terminal.
We diverged a lot from the base PuTTY code as far as connection/disconnection/reconnection goes, which means it may not be easy to change. I can't give you an estimate on when the feature will be done because of this.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Alright, no problem. Thank you for your reply and for considering my request for now. smile

Clock2 yrs

Hi guys,

I would love to see this feature in RDM. Any idea if we can count on it now?

Clock10 mths

Hello,

This is still on our todo list. It's not easy to do but we're hoping to make progress on this. Denis will be taking a look soon.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

I've seen that since the last release, the terminal is not cleared anymore after the connection is lost. This is great! Thank you for implementing this first step. smile

Now if the screen content could also be kept after a "Reconnect", that would be perfect. Cool

Anyway, thanks!

Clock9 mths

Hi guys,

Any news for this?

Clock7 mths

Hello,

This is still on our todo list but Denis is going to take a look this week.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Hello,

Sorry about the long delay. We've made changes internally and it should now keep the previous context when reconnecting. We're planning to release an RDM Free version today, we'll try to have the change in that version, otherwise it will be available in the one after that.

As usual, the change will be available in the next RDM Enterprise version as well.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi,

That's great news! Thanks for this improvement, it's very welcome. smile

Is there any chance the colors could be remembered as well?

Clock6 mths

I'll let Denis know about that, it should be possible.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths