Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Keyboard Shortcuts for Current Work Area

• Create an Issue

Hi Team,
i use the "current work area" view pretty much and i love it.
It would be nice to have keyboard shortcuts to execute minimize/close/switchmonitor etc because i'm hiding the TopBar.
Possible?
Thanks, Martin

Clock2 yrs

Do you mean when you have an RDP opened? The problem is that it's really complex to implement. RDP traps all the keystroke before RDM.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Yes, RDP is opened and the "current work area" is set for this connection so the session takes the full screen with no borders.
I'd like to have shortcuts for those buttons (attachment)

I've set the keyboard shortcuts under the "local resources" tab to "on the local computer" so the keystrokes are not forwarded to the rdp session. So i asume the keystores set from RDM should work, shouldn't they?

I hope you understand what i mean wink

Regards

Current Work Area.png
Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Unfortunately it's not the case. It's only for the Windows key shortcut or the deep local shortcut like Ctrl+Alt+Tab. I will check what we can do but I'm pretty sure that not an easy task.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,
ok i see, thank you. I can well imagine that it will be difficult but please not only because of me that lot of effort.
In the meantime i've made it with AutoHotkey and a related script.

^F10::
mousegetpos, x,y
mousemove, 835, 5, 0
mouseclick, left, 835, 40, 1, 0
mousemove, %x%, %y%
return

If Strg+F10 is pressed, the mouse will move to the pinned Tobar bar, reveal it, click on the minimize button und get back to the x,y position

Pretty dirty but it works wink

Clock2 yrs