Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

TOOO SLOOOOW

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I like the features in PVM, but its so slooow compared to Roboforms.

I'm using the devolution online drive, and when I login its taking 5-10 seconds to connect and display my folders. Everytime I open a record and edit it, it takes 15-20 seconds to save it and refresh the list.

This timeframe to totally unacceptable. Even 2 seconds is along time to wait for a save these days. Why does it take so long to save a record????

Is there any way to configure it to use the off-line local DB and sync automatically like Roboforms forms does?

Are any of the other database options any faster??

Clock2 yrs

Online Drive has a local copy of the file on disk, PVM will read/write to the local copy. It is then synchronized in the background (much like DropBox).

PVM also connects to our authentication server once in a while to validate your account.

Please note we are having issues with performance with our hosted environment. It has been intermittent over the last week or so. We are working on resolving the issue. In the meantime, we've double our servers to try to alleviate the current bottle neck.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Its a little more than ironic that the Devolution web login addin wont work with their own forum web page!@#$%^ I have to open manually lookup the login and password to sign in! Surely if I click on a url link to a thread in a response email from the forum, I should be able to pick my credentials from the dev web login * in the login screen? PMV seems to provide a lot more extra's features than any other password manager but is missing the basics needed to make it functional. I'd guess that less then 50% of my password records work with the web login, yet they were all imported from Roboforms and worked flawlessly in Roboforms

Anyway, following up on htis thread...login is even slower now. So low I'm about ready to go back to Roboforms!

Are any of the other datasources significantly faster than the online drive?

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Are you using the Enterprise Edition or the Free Edition of PVM?

Are you using the mobile edition of PVM as well as the Windows edition or only the Windows client?

If you are only using the Windows editon and that you are a single user, you can try to use a local data source like SQLite or XML. You can transfer your data from one data source to another by following the steps in this help topic

https://helppvm.devolutions.net/tipsandtricks_datamigration.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock13 mths

enterprise edition

windows version on 2 Win 7 PC's plus mob so all need to sync

Currently taking ... hang one just been notified an new version is out so will install that and see if thats any faster... Well thats screwed my whole system so now cant open PVM at all. Just hangs on startup like it did with the last upgrade a couple of weeks ago so I now have to uninstall again and revert to 8.6 AGAIN!@#$%^&*()

Jesus I'm beginning to think your app might be costing me more time than Microsoft!

Clock13 mths

Hello,

Please answer me here for the hang issue
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic28711-version--upgrade-kills-pmv.aspx?lastpage=1#post110462

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock13 mths