Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Quick Connect - enable more keyboard shortcuts and disable/remove Host Selection button

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible to remove/hide the host selection button for Quick Connect? Sometimes I press it by accident and the entire RDM freezes and takes a few minutes for it to scan the PCs on the network. I have no need for this feature.

What I do use is the Type Selection button next to the Host Selection. I cannot find a keyboard shortcut to trigger this.

Always using the latest beta RDM version.
Local data source.

Clock2 yrs

Hello Ricky,
I will add an option for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks David.

As a side note, could you please check if the "Auto select text on focus" setting for Quick Connect works correctly or not? It doesn't matter if I have this setting enabled/disabled, every time I click into the Quick Connect field, it will just highlight the entire text.

Local data source.

Clock2 yrs

Hello Ricky,

We'll have the show/hide option for the "select host" button for RDM 13, it will be located in File > Options > Quick Connect.

For your other issue, I haven't been able to reproduce it on the latest RDM build. Which version are you currently using?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I'm on beta v13 64bit. The hide option for select host works great.

I'm still having issues with the text highlight when I click into the Quick Connect field. I don't want it to highlight everything, because sometimes I need to RDP to 2 different nodes with only a small difference in the node number at the end, e.g:

TestNode01
TestNode02

So say if I RDP to TestNode01 via Quick Connect. I just want to click into Quick Connect and delete 01 and change to 02. But since it highlights the entire text, I need to either press END on my keyboard to move the cursor to the end, or click an extra time to bring the cursor to the end.

Local data source.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Just to be sure, do you use the keyboard to select the Quick Connect field or the mouse?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs

I use the mouse.

Local data source.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I'm unable to recreate the issue.

Could you please send us a video of the issue to support@devolutions.net so we can see the behavior?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs