Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Administration Tab

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello, very new user here...

Can someone tell me how I get the "Administration Tab" to show up on the ribbon? Or is this an Enterprise version only feature? I am using the free version for now.

Thanks in advance,

- Hamilton

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

The Administration tab is only available in the Enterprise Edition of RDM.

If you want to access that Administration tab to manage users, please note that you will also need to use an Advanced Data Source to get access to the Administration -> Users menu - https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/datasources_advanced.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks Jeff,

Actually, I was looking to be able to set up credentials for a group that would be inherited by the clients in the group...

Is that only available in the Enterprise version as well?

- Hamilton

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Indeed, the feature that you are looking for is only available in the Enterprise Edition.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thank you Sir!

Clock3 yrs

Does the enterprise edition have the ability to quickly connect to administrative shares (i.e. "C$", "D$", ect)? I see the ability to "Open Share Folders" in the "Open with parameters" in the Right-Click options on a host, but it doesn't offer the admin shares...

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
We just invoke "\\" + currentConnection.Host

From the explorer window, you can type C$ if you want.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

So I guess this means the answer is no wink...

Maybe a future enhancement could include this functionality in the "Macros/Scripts/Tools" tab. A quick way to connect to an administrative share would be great.

Thanks for your answer!

- Hamilton

Clock2 yrs

You can do this with Macro's and templates fairly easily by creating a new file explorer template. In the template - use \\$HOST$\C$ in the folder field. You can just use open with template or create a Macro using the "Template" type and point it to the new file explorer template you created. This will work as a subconnection as well by using $PARENT_HOST$ but then you have to create entries for every object.
Using a PowerShell template type you could query the system for all available shares and have a user selection popup to choose which share they want to connect to.
I'm not familiar with what features are available in the free version but the enterprise version is worth every penny.

Clock2 yrs

Thanks for your reply Ryan, it's good to know this can be done and users have taken the time to add this functionality to their installations.

I was wondering if this was something that others would find useful, glad to know I'm not alone.

Looks like this is an enterprise only function though...

Clock2 yrs