Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

what's the difference between SSH Tunnel and SSH Tunnel (native)

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I've looked and looked and I just can't figure out why I should or should not use the native type?

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

The SSH Tunnel is our own integration.

The SSH Tunnel Native uses third party libraries.

It is better to use our own SSH Tunnel because we have more control & flexibility over it.

Are you encountering issues?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

well curious if the native would make use of the native ssh-agent, but I'm not seeing that...

Clock3 yrs

Hi Jo,

The SSH Tunnel (native) is on it's way to be deprecated (to be honest, I thought this was already done). While it's probably never going to be removed entirely, we're unlikely to add new features to it.

That being said, the ssh-agent is on it's way to our own implementation of the SSH Tunnel.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Without the SSH agent support I'd be typing a 50-char password 10 times an hour so it's really a show-stopper. Unless there's some way to open one session and re-use it through the day that I'm overlooking (enterprise only?)

As mentioned in the other threads, I'm pretty frustrated by the variety of choices without clear documentation of the use case for each one. It would really help to say use X config for A-B-C, use Y config for D-E-F, and Y is enterprise only (for instance). Half the time I can't figure out if there's a bug, or it just doesn't work in the free version.

Clock3 yrs

Hi Jo,

Anything that would be enterprise only would show a clear message stating it.

That being said, both the SSH VPN and the SSH Tunnel (which are really the same thing) should be available in the Free Edition. If something doesn't work, it's either a configuration issue or we do not support the feature.

For the ssh-agent, the feature will be integrated to the SSH Tunnel session in an upcoming version while it is not supported in the SSH Tunnel (native) session.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs