Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Nomachine Sessions Support on Mac version

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, we use a lot of no NoMachine sessions, I can see that there is an Add-on for Windows for can't find one for MacOS.

Does anyone has a good idea how to setup such on RDM?

I tried, some time ago, to use a shell integration, but it doesn't work ...

Regards.

JG

Clock2 yrs

Hi Jorge,

As you've noticed, we do not support NoMachine sessions on RDM Mac. As of now I can't confirm the feasibility of integrating such a feature on RDM Mac. I'll investigate and tell you if this appears possible.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Jorge,

I've looked up what we're doing in Windows and it seems we're launching the NoMachine nxplayer.exe with arguments to launch the session. I've looked into the Mac app I found the same nxplayer executable in the app bundle. I think this should therefore be feasible.

Are you yourself familiar with the NoMachine.app in Mac? Does it support the same set of arguments as the Windows version?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi Jorge,

I've looked up what we're doing in Windows and it seems we're launching the NoMachine nxplayer.exe with arguments to launch the session. I've looked into the Mac app I found the same nxplayer executable in the app bundle. I think this should therefore be feasible.

Are you yourself familiar with the NoMachine.app in Mac? Does it support the same set of arguments as the Windows version?

Best regards,

Hi, and many thanks for your quick replies ...

Is this what you are referring to?

"/Applications/NoMachine.app/Contents/MacOS/nxplayer --session /Users/jogomes/ownCloud/NoMachine/GCF04DHZ.nxs"

Launching it as a terminal command, but this needs a login credential on the settings of the command line and launches a terminal window .

Regards
JG

Clock2 yrs

Hi Jorge,

Yes, this is what I was looking for. This should be possible and work quite similarly as Windows. I've logged the feature request and increased it's priority.

We'll get back to you with any progress.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi Jorge,

Yes, this is what I was looking for. This should be possible and work quite similarly as Windows. I've logged the feature request and increased it's priority.

Best regards,

Thanks, I appreciate, since this is kinda time consuming to create, would be nice to have some 'input boxes' to add the NXS files, and not to have the terminal window to pop-up everytime I want to open a session.
I stoped using the Windows version years ago, so I dont know the working for it on that. Maybe I will try and see.

Cheers.

Clock2 yrs

Xavier Fortin wrote:

Hi Jorge,

Best regards,

Hi Xavier & RDM Dev Team,

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

Today, when I opened the RDP on my Mac I saw the update for NoMachine client, I Tested it with the NoMachine start option 'ProfileOnDisk', that is pretty much we discussed on this topic, and Voila !! it works very well.

No more NoMachine 'browse' sessions, so annoying those.

I'm so happy for this, THANK YOU !!

Best regards and keep the good work.

JG

Clock11 mths

Hi,

Glad you like it! And thanks for the feedback.

Don't hesitate if you have other feature requests or if you have any issues.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths