Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

2FA Reset on Users following DVLS Server Update to 4.6.1

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

We carried out an update to DVLS Server this evening, from version 4.6.0 to 4.6.1, and we have now found that the 2FA setup on all our RDM users has been blanked/cleared. DVLS and RDM still show 2FA setup on the users, but when looking at the configuration set on the users, it states none.

I have been able to set this back up again manually ok but I would rather not have to re-setup all our users with 2FA again if this can be avoided?

Also, reading the change log notes there is no details regarding needing to have 2FA reset on all users, so I can only assume this is a bug?

Thanks
Rich

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

What version of RDM was used to do the upgrade on the server?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

The update was done from RDM version 12.6.2.

Thanks
Rich

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Indeed it is related to RDM version 12.6.2.0. Because RDM and DVLS are closely related, it is very important to update RDM before upgrading DVLS. Upgrading DVLS to version 4.6.1.0, it should be done with RDM 12.6.8.0.

We will update our online documentation to be more specific about this important step.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Erica,

Thank you for the details.

Yes, having a check or some additional details to state this would be helpful in the future.

Also, is there a way of re-instating the 2FA for all of our users or do we need to have these all setup again from scratch?

Thanks
Rich

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

This issue has been fixed internally and will be available in the next version of DVLS.

In the meantime, I will send you shortly a SQL statement in a private message to fix your issue without having to reset 2FA for all users.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Erica,

Thanks, I look forward to your message.

Thanks
Rich

Clock3 yrs