Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Keep Tab on Disconnect

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi

Would it be possible to allow the "Keep Tab on Disconnect" option to be set by double-clicking on a tab?

Also, would it be possible to (optionally) add the output of a continuous ping to the dialog that currently shows "Waiting for host..."?

Thanks

Alan

Clock2 yrs

Do you have a print screen of the dialog you are talking about?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

For the keep tab, I can check if we can add a button instead. I'm not sure about the double click because we plan to use it for other actions eventually.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David

It is the second picture here "https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?tipsandtricks_keeptabsopened.htm" i.e. the one with the close/connect/connect when available options. There seems to be a lot of space on the right for sticking in a Ping just as a guide to when the system starts responding.

One issue I have with the Connect When Available option is that I've never managed to get it to work. I have tried both the Ping and Port Scan options for detecting when the server is up but RDM always tries to connect to early, fails and then doesn't try again. It would be much nicer if it just kept retrying (forever if necessary smile) until it made a successful connection.

A button on the tab would be great. I tend to keep the ribbon hidden so as to get more screen space for the sessions themselves and the right-click menu is a bit long. A double-click or button would make it much easier to pin a tab (or even being able to add a button to the Quick Access Toolbar at the very top left of the screen (where we see the New/Properties/Refresh/Filter/Quick-Connect options)

Thanks

Alan

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Thank you for the details. I will update the feature request. By the way you can use the context menu if your ribbon is hidden:

KeepTab

For the opened when available. Could you try to increase the wait delay a little bit in File->Options?

KeepTab2

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

KeepTab.png
KeepTab2.png
Clock2 yrs

Hi David

Yep that is what I've been using it is just a bit convoluted to get to whereas a double-click or a button (on the tab itself or top left in the quick access area) would be simpler and provide visual feedback of which tabs are pinned

Cheers

Alan

Clock2 yrs