Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Check out Check in option for documents

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I heard somewhere that check out / check in option was coming soon. Can you tell me this is true, when it is expected and if it will work with Spreadsheet Editor style of documents?

Thanks!
Rob

Clock2 yrs

Yes it's coming soon. I will double check for the document if it's implemented but it's planned.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Just upgraded to 12.0.0.0 and I see this is listed as a feature add. Can you tell me how we access the feature so I can do some testing?
Thanks,
Rob

• VERSION 12.9.0.0 (September 12th 2017) BetaDatabase upgrade required
    • Added a Checkout/checkin system

Clock2 yrs

It's coming for the document. It was not implemented when I posted my message but now it's done internally. This will be in the next beta release.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

You need to enable the mode in the Security setting:

Checkout

This feature should be documented soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Checkout.png
Clock2 yrs

Got it, tested and it works perfect, including for documents. Just one last question.

Is there a way to batch edit this setting? When I multi-select connections or documents I can't find the check out options under batch edit.

Thanks
Rob

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

this can be done via Batch Actions and Custom Powershell Command;

Enter this command and click OK:

$connection.Security.CheckOutMode = "Automatic"
$RDM.Save();

( Checkout Mode Options are "Automatic" , "Manual" , "NotSupported" and "Default" )

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Thank you Mins for the script. This is a good workaround but we will support multi-select action for Check-out / checkin. I will ask Michael to add it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

That's even better smile

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

The possibility to batch edit the "check out" properties has been added internally and should be available in the next beta of RDM.

To access these settings simply go in Edit -> Batch Edit -> Edit sessions (general settings) -> Security.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Oh this is fantastic. Will await next version.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Rob

Clock2 yrs