Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

How do I configure Web Login addon in IE

I have installed the Addon in IE and want to configure it to use PVM and not RDM.
Both Addons are installed in IE and activated, however I can't find a dialog to configure it.
I'm on Windows 10 1703.

IE Addons Devolutions.png
Clock10 mths

Hallo Franz,

did you see this icon in the IE toolbar?

Please see also the hint on the help site in the section Verify Port

Best Regards,
Min

Clock10 mths

Hi,

can't see the toolbar.
I activated all the toolbars in IE.

IE Toolbars.png
Clock10 mths

Hi,

did you update the extension from a previous version? You can also try to uninstall the extension (please make sure that the IE processes are closed) and install the extension again. If you had the UAC activated, please make sure that you run the installation with elevated privileges.

Best Regards,
Min

Clock10 mths

No, this is my new machine. Has anybody tested the addon on Win 10 1703?
I tried to disable/enable and uninstall/reinstall the addon (with restarting IE) with Administrator privileges without any change.

I've googled a bit, the issue seems to be available with other toolbars also, but I didn't find a solution yet.

Funny thing is that the "send to onenote" buttons are available, but not the Devolutions Web Login one.

Clock10 mths

Yes, I`m using also the 1703 version, where the screenshot was provided.. Can you try to right click on the header and check if the Devolutions Web Login Toolbar is enabled?

Best Regards,
Min

Clock10 mths

I've allready done this in my second post of this thread, there is no Devolutions Web Login Toolbar.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

Could you please check if the option Enable third-party browser extensions is activated in the Internet Options?

Please consult this online help page for more information.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/troubleshooting_ie.htm

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

The IE option Enable third-party browser extensions helped, the toolbar is now visible.
But somehow I can't get it connected to PVM. I changed the Port to 19444 in the Addon, but it always says "Is not connected" in the toolbar menu.
Restarting the browser didn't help.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

In PVM, you can change the Default port to another one in File - Options - Browser Extensions.

For your information, because Internet Explorer is no longer updated by Microsoft, we cannot improve Devolutions Web Login for this browser. On my computer, even if I change the default port to another one, I am still unable to connect to PVM. We recommend to use another browser like Chrome, Opera, Firefox. Could you please try Devolutions Web Login in Chrome or Firefox?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

How do you come to the conclusion that microsoft doesn't update IE anymore? I mean, yes, it is possible yet likely that Microsoft will ditch this browser some time in the future, but for now there are current Microsoft OSes where IE is the only option (i.e. there is no Edge and there are corporation like hours who say "we don't want other browsers cause hard to controll, hard to deploy, hard to configure without 3rd party and $$$"). I mean for example if you have an RDS-Deployment with Server 2016 or even Windows 10 LTSB, there is no edge. Also IE gets monthly updates so I don't see how you can say that IE isn't updated anymore. I'm also not happy with the Edge plugin, making the customer enable developer mode in a browser doesn't make me feel any good.
Furthermore this is a documentation issue if you let your customer install the IE addon and tell them in the support forums that this doesn't work anymore. [/rant] Sigh... what bad of a day it was today...

Yes, it works good in Chrome and it doesn't in IE. Problem is that I need this to work in IE also as we do not ship Chrome to the user.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

I am sorry about the wrong information I gave you about Internet Explorer. Version 11 is still supported by Microsoft but not older version.

In order to have the status Is Connected for the Devolutions Web Login, the Web Login entry must already exist in PVM. Then it should fill in the username and password. Unfortunately, like other browsers, you cannot create a new PVM entry from the Devolutions Web Login in Internet Explorer.

That being said, I had a chat with the engineering department and they will verify if it is possible to improve the Devolutions Web Login for Internet Explorer. But they cannot guarantee if it they can do something about it.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Creating new PVM entries directly from the browser isn't a necessity for us, we can live with it not working in IE.

So the "Is connected/Is not connected" just shows if there is an entry in the PVM database for the current site and therefore is not the indicator if the addon is able to connect to the PVM db?

Because if I open the same site in Chrome and in IE, the Chrome addon works as expected and puts in the credentials whereas the IE addon just shows "Is not connected". I have tested this with multiple sites/credentials.

Earlier you wrote that the current IE plugin doesn't work with current PVM. Is this a bug or a configuration issue? I mean if it is not possible anymore to use the IE plugin, then I will not invest any more time on this.
Versions on my end are PVM 8.6.0.0, IE addon 4.0.1.0, Chrome addon 5.2.4.0, Windows 10 1703, IE11 11.540.15063.0 Update Version 11.0.45 KB4034733.

Clock10 mths

Hello,

You are right that PVM just shows Connected when the entry exist in the database. And there is no indicator that the Devolutions Web Login is connected to PVM in Internet Explorer.

I was wrong about that the IE plugin wasn't working. It was a wrong configuration on my workstation. Sorry about that. I have the same configuration as you have.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hi,

I think there is a bug in the IE plugin.
I got it working on an internal site.
However on a lot of other sites, it doesn't work and one iexplore.exe process hogs on one cpu core.

An example of a site that is not working: https://landeskcommunity.force.com/customers/Community_RegStep1_Page?startURL=%2Fcustomers%2Fidp%2Flogin%3Fapp%3D0sp130000008OzA%26RelayState%3DL2NvbW11bml0eS9hcHBzZW5zZQ%253D%253D%26binding%3DHttpPost%26inresponseto%3Da1ee2189edd5b3ac1fh945c2ac5b2i

Regards,
Franz

Clock10 mths