Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

documentation for meta characters passthrough

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

So I've seen the options for passing the Windows keys through, but even after playing with the options I'm still not sure how they are expected to work, or what the best use case is. What does "pass the windows key through" supposed to do on a mac? It seems to allow CMD-E to start Explorer, but honestly that's a rare use case for me. Is there a way to have CMD mean nothing to the remote side, and only execute local macros?

Goal: simple copy pasta from Mac to/from Windows node

Problem: I'm getting inconsistent results with copy/paste. control-insert/shift-insert work consistently, but are only available when an external keyboard is attached (no insert key on macbook)

It appears that CMD-C / CMD-V does work in Notepad and other Windows apps. Unfortunately I use Git Bash for everything and CMD-V is coming through as CTRL-V which means "don't interpret the next character" in Vim and Bash with vi editing enabled. Since that's 90+% of what I do, what combination of settings will work most consistently for simple copy pasta?

It seems that what I really want is for CMD-C to send "control-insert" and CMD-V to send "shift-insert", etc.

Clock3 yrs

Hi Jo,

I'm not entirely sure to understand what you issue is, but if you want to bind a certain set of keys combination to something else in Windows, I'm pretty sure you could set them under Preferences -> Session Type -> RDP -> Shortcuts like so:

RDP+Shortcuts+Binding

Is that what you're looking for?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

RDP Shortcuts Binding.png
Clock3 yrs

Well the number 1 question in my mind is what the checkboxes you provide are supposed to do? One assumes you have a use case in mind...

Clock3 yrs

Hi Jo,

They are keyboard shortcuts. You can add more of them from the "+" button at the bottom. In the previous example, the two items in the table imply that the local CMD+C and CMD+V shortcuts will send respectively CTRL+Insert and SHIFT+Insert on the remove desktop.

If you want to set specific shortcut, this is the way to go.

To make CMD+C and CMD+V to act as copy/paste command on the remote host, we switch them with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V on windows, which are the standard copy/paste key combination in Windows.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs