Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

Using <ENTER> to paste in Excel crashes RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm connected to a Windows Server 2008 R2 with Office 2007 installed. If I copy cells (select them and Ctrl-C), and paste using Ctrl-V, it works fine.

But if I paste with <ENTER>, the screen goes blank with the message "The peer connection was lost", and then it attempts to reconnect.

Let me know what I can do to provide you more info to resolve.

Clock2 yrs

Hi Jesper,

I might be missing something, but I don't think I see what you mean by paste with <ENTER>. Can you explain further?

That being said, other users have reported disconnecting issue while copy/pasting content in an RDP session. We've had pretty inconsistent result trying to reproduce this on our side.

Is the session in question using RDP Engine V4? If so, the V5 engine might fix the issue.

The RDP Engine V4 is no longer updated (which mean it use an older version of FreeRDP) and it's unlikely for this kind of issue to be fixed within this engine. The Engine V5 is the one getting updated.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

When you are in Excel and select an area, then copy or cut it to the clipboard, and it still has the lasso around it, you can actually use <ENTER> to move it to a different cell instead of Ctrl-V.

Try to select a couple of cells, press Ctrl-C, then move to another cell immediately after and client <ENTER>.

And yes, it does NOT happen with the V5 engine, but that is slower and crashes often. When are you anticipating the performance problems to be fixed then?

Clock2 yrs

I'll try testing with Excel.

As for the performance issue with the Engine V5, we're still looking into it.

Could you send us videos of the performance differences between V4 en V5 engines? That could help us.

Was OpenGL set to true when testing with the V5 engine?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Yes, OpenGL is set to true. I will try to record a video with my iPhone or something tomorrow.

Clock2 yrs

Xavier, I'm having all kinds of problems with V5. I will open a new ticket for them so you can focus on Excel for this one at your own leisure.

Clock2 yrs