Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

RDM Free crashing after upgrade to High Sierra 10.13

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

After upgrading to the new version of macOS, High Sierra, RDM Free 4.5.0.0 randomly crashes. It can happen 5 times in 15 minutes or I may not see if for hours.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

Could you try this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xntz0685wf2p52/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.4.5.1.1506450745.dmg?dl=0 and tell me if this appears to resolve the issue?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Bonjour, même problème pour moi, des freezes de l'application toutes les X minutes, quand je veux éditer les properties d'une connexion RDP ou encore au lancement d'une session AWS Console.

Merci de m'aider, je suis sous High Sierra.

Clock3 yrs

Bonjour Florian,

Est-ce que l'application gèle ou est-ce qu'elle se ferme?

Je vous recommande également d'essayer cette version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xntz0685wf2p52/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.4.5.1.1506450745.dmg?dl=0

Dites-moi si les problèmes semble réglé.

Cordialement,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

L'application se ferme, la nouvelle version du software ne résous pas le problème, malheureusement.

Clock3 yrs

Lorsque vous dites la nouvelle version, voulez-vous dire la version 4.5.1.0 qui est officiellement sortie? Ou la version 4.5.1.1506450745 incluse dans le message précédent? La dernière version officielle n'apporte pas les modifications mentionnées pour macOS High Sierra.

Si elle ne résoud pas vos problèmes, je vais investiguer plus et essayer de reproduire vos problèmes spécifiques.

Cordialement,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Can we move this other person's problems into its own thread?

Clock3 yrs

Je parle de votre version issue du DropBox à l'instant, cela ne résous rien.

Clock3 yrs

I just started to trial this software, the free edition. I have the same issue, Apple Remote Desktop crashes the program immediately every time, RDP randomly. Have only tried on High Sierra after I upgraded yesterday, then installed this.

Clock3 yrs

This new version has been working fine until I added a new connection. Crashed immediately. Reopened and added another connection. This time saved with no issues.

Clock3 yrs

Hi sphyrax,

Have you updated directly from macOS Sierra to macOS High Sierra or did you go through the developer beta first? Could you provide me with a print screen of your About This Mac window? Like so:

AboutThisMac

Hi Michael,

Here's a version of RDM Free with the fixed of the linked RDM version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uapliopu369ep5u/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Free.Mac.4.5.0.1506534108.dmg?dl=0

Tell me if it's any better.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

AboutThisMac.png
Clock3 yrs

Direct from Sierra to High Sierra. The download you just linked is different than the one I downloaded earlier. Should I try it?

Clock3 yrs

You don't need to. This is the Free version equivalent to the one I've sent you. I'm still trying to reproduce the crash you've experienced, I thought that maybe it could have had to do with the dev Beta version of High Sierra. But you've updated directly from Sierra to High Sierra, so no point looking there. I'll keep at it.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I will need the free version eventually since that is what I was coming from. That would explain me having to ask for a free trial again.

Clock3 yrs

Hi sphyrax,

Can I ask what type of data source you are using? (SQLite, SQL Server, DVLS, etc.)

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

local data source xml file

Clock3 yrs

Hi sphyrax,

Could you tell me what type of entries you've looked the property of and what kind of entry you've opened before your previously mentioned crash? I think those crashes are related to memory release and while I've fixed a lot of these in the version previously sent, some might have eluded me. Any specific infos on what view was created (displayed) before the crash might help me pinpoint the issue.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

All the ones opened and all the ones added were standard Microsoft RDP.

Clock3 yrs

This new free version seems to be working. Having some other issues but I think unrelated. Haven't had a crash with ARD or RDP since I installed it. Thank you!

Clock3 yrs

Hi Michael,

Glad to hear it.

Could you start another thread on those other issues? We could look into it.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Are you waiting on something from me or are you testing things on your end? Hard to tell with these other people hijacking my thread.

Clock3 yrs

I'm still looking into your issue.

I'll tell you as soon as there is any progress.

Have you reproduced it since the last time? If so, was it still after adding a connection?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi shyrax,

I've built another version that addresses other crashes related to High Sierra, could you test it and tell me if you get any other crash?

Here is the version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j639g46f2npxvd/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.4.5.2.1507045693.dmg?dl=0

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Can you link the free version for me?

Clock3 yrs

Of course.

I'll just have to build it, but I'm coming back to you right away.

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n55iz866knu2pz/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Free.Mac.4.5.1.1507051500.dmg?dl=0

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Got it installed. Will let you know if I have any issues. Thanks

Clock3 yrs

I have had it crash only once since installing the last version you linked for me.

One thing that has bothered me since switching from my PC to a MAC... When I login to a server using RDM, the cap lock is not enabled automatically. VERY ANNOYING. Is this a setting I am missing or somethign that can be easily fixed?

Clock3 yrs

Hi sphyrax,

Do you mean the num lock? It is indeed not enabled by default, I'll have to look into what we can do about this.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Yes, num lock. I am losing my mind today. Sorry

Clock3 yrs