Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Enhancement of Password Logging Feature

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hey David, Hey Guys
we have an improvement suggestion/feature request for logging the password views / copy passwords to clipboard:
If you have not entered the password directly in a remote session, but rather have linked to a credential entry from the repository, the password can be displayed using the context menu of the remote session and you see the linked credential entry.
This is a great feature - but: then this action will be logged in the remote session log but not in the credentials entry log.
If the remote session entry is removed, the information that the user has seen the password is lost. It would be great if the log entry would not be stored in the remote session but always in the linked credential entry. (I hope I expressed that comprehensibly)
Why is this a problem:
For security reasons, we must make sure that, if a colleague leaves our support team, we can identify and change all passwords that the colleague has seen and that were not changed after that.
For the rest, it would be great for this reason, if one could distinguish in the log between change on the entry (anything but the password) and change the password.
Kind regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I will assign this to our team to verify how easy is it to add.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
great,many thanks!
Regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

Clock2 yrs

Hello Sebastian,

I believe this has been added in between RDM versions 12.0.8.0 and 12.6.8.0, since when I use the "view password" / "copy password" features, it properly logs in the session entry and the credential entry that the credential was used:
2017 09 26 1 58 56 PM
2017 09 26 1 59 10 PM

Is this what you're expecting to see?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2017-09-26 1-58-56 PM.jpg
2017-09-26 1-59-10 PM.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Hi Hubert,
thank you for the hint. At first glance it´s not exactly what we Need but it goes in the right direction. We´ll update our RDM tomorrow and test it.
Regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

Clock2 yrs