Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Change focus from remote desktop session to local computer

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Good Day Devolutions,

It would be great if you could figure out a way to switch the focus from a RDP session's focus back to Remote Desktop Manager when the session is set to apply windows key combination on the remote computer.

Use case: I work as much as I can using Windows shortcuts, moving from different apps running on my system. In remote desktop remote sessions in Remote Desktop Manager I do the same. Once I open a remote desktop and start working in it, there is no way to get out of the session back to the local desktop, thus I have to reach for my mouse and click on where I want to go.

Thanks,

Ken

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Could you please try disabling the Magnet at the bottom right of RDM?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

No, switching that doesn't allow me to use local keyboard input when I am working in a RDS session.

Best,

Ken

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

What version of RDM are you using right now?

Just to be sure, do you launch your RDP session in embedded or External display mode?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs

Hi Mark,

I am using 3.6.5.0. I work in embedded mode.

To restate: Once I start working in the remote session, the keyboard input is set for the remote system. All shortcut keys only work on the remote computer, and I know of no keyboard shortcut to change the input to work on the local computer. I know others have complained about this limitation when using Microsoft Remote Desktop.

Thanks,

Ken

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the details.

I will investigate with my team.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Could you confirm that this option under the action tab is disabled.

2017 09 27 8 59 08

Best regards,

Zacharia Ellaham

signaturesignature

2017-09-27_8-59-08.png
Clock2 yrs

Hi Zacharia,

When I disable that feature, I can't use keyboard shortcuts on the remote system.

thanks,

Ken

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I will check with our engineering team if we can do something about this.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you again for your request and patience.

I have spoken with our engineers about your request and unfortunately, there is nothing we can do.

The ActiveX that is used sends all the key combinations to the remote system when the option is set for the remote computer.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your efforts. I understand the difficulty.

Best Regards,

Ken

Clock2 yrs