Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Display Connection Name on Credential Picker

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

One of my favorite things about Remote Desktop Manager is that when you close out, your session list is saved. My problem is when you go to reconnect to those sessions and the credential picker pops up I have to remember which server/connection that I was in so that I pick the right credentials. It displays the folder name instead of the connection name and it would be awesome if in a future release it could display the connection name.

I can provide some images if you need more information. If this is in a release I haven't downloaded yet feel free to let me know and delete this request.

Thanks!!

Clock2 yrs

Could you post a print screen just to be sure that we see right dialog?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Of course! As you can see from the image the dialog box says "EXOS" which is the name of the group that this connection is in but not the connection itself so with multiple domains and credentials it gets confusing!

Let me know if you need anything else!

RDM-CredentialsDialog.png
Clock2 yrs

Is possible that you see the group because it's inherited from the Group value?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Sorry for my delay in response. I do have the credentials set to "Inherited" from our root group called "EXOS" which would make sense, but if I change it manually in each server's properties it does show the server name on the connection bar. It seems silly that since it's inheriting it still can't display the server name and can only show the inheritance name but I guess I'll go through and stop the credential inheritance if this is the only way to get it to display the server name. Maybe in a future release you could display both the group it's inherited from and the connection name because having the inheritance on credentials really saved me some time.

Clock2 yrs

I will try to improve this but it's not simple. We don't have access to the original connection since we only working with the one we are resolving which is in this case is the parent.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs