Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDM 12.9.1.0 - New Favorites format

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Just upgraded to RDM 12.9.1.0 (BETA) and the DB upgrade was successful. However, I lost all of my Favorites in the upgrade (which looks like it was expected - no more local and shared Favorites). So with the new Favorites platform in RDM and the ability to create folders for Favorites, can we also have the ability to sort the Favorites and/or Folders within Favorites (the entries under those folders)? I've added the Favorites back and put them into Folders but they show up in the order that I added them (basically all gumbled and in random order). Alphabetical order would be good and make it easier to find them in the list. Right now, it is difficult to find them because you have to look at each Favorites entry until you find what you want.

Thanks

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I've found a bug in the migration and this will be fixed soon. They are supposed to be sorted alphabetically. I will check why it's not the case but it was working fine for me. We plan to release a beta update soon.

Thank you

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

By the way, we will also sync the favorite with all your devices. They will be saved in the database.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Awesome - thanks for the quick follow up!!

Clock2 yrs

You all are great. Just upgraded to 12.9.2.0 and the sorting works perfectly. Nice addition!! Thank you!!

Clock2 yrs

Sorry, I didn't notice this originally. With the new Favorites format, when you open a session (i.e., connect) to an item in the Favorites list, that item no longer changes to BOLD characters (which used to indicate that the item had an open RDM session in previous versions). With this change in 12.9.3.0, it no longer does that. Same for the playlist (when I open a playlist), it no longer changes the font for the opened Favorites item to BOLD. Not sure if that is by design or not so I thought that I would mention it...?

Thanks

Clock2 yrs

This seems to be a bug. I will check this.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Just a follow up. I upgraded to 12.9.4.0 (BETA) this morning and the Favorites now show BOLD when they have an open session. Good fix - thank you!!

Clock2 yrs

Great! I've been able to to do the fix just in time for the update.

Thank you for the bug report.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs