Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Powershell Features

• Create an Issue

Hi,
I would like to suggest a few (long-term) Powershell features:
+ Support x64 - This would allow me to complete my VM creation script (PowerCLI) to include RDM-Session.
+ Support for pipeline, so instead of this

$session = New-RDM-Session -Name "New Sesion" -Host "myServer" -Kind "RDPConfigured" ; Set-RDM-Session $session

we can use this:
New-RDM-Session -Name "New Sesion" -Host "myServer" -Kind "RDPConfigured" | Set-RDM-Session

+ new cmdlet: List-RDM-Property (see http://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=2801)
Regards,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

+ Consistent Behaviour of cmdlets:

EXAMPLE 1
PS C:\> $list = Get-RDM-Session; $list[1].Session.Name = "New Name";Set-RDM-Session $list[1].Session

Retrieves the list of available sessions, modify the name of the second session, update the session.

EXAMPLE 2
PS C:\> $session = New-RDM-Session -Name "New Sesion" -Host "myServer" -Kind "RDPConfigured";Set-RDM-Session $session

Sometimes you use $Session, sometimes $Session.Session

Are you sure the -NoRefresh Parameter works (for SQL Shared datasource)?
It takes about 20 seconds for my changes to execute for one Session and the Navigation refreshes, whether i use NoRefresh or not.

Regards,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

Peter Cermak wrote:

+ Support x64 - This would allow me to complete my VM creation script (PowerCLI) to include RDM-Session.
We are working on it

Peter Cermak wrote:

+ Support for pipeline, so instead of this
We will look into it, it would make things easier

Peter Cermak wrote:

+ new cmdlet: List-RDM-Property (see http://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=2801)
Already on our todo list

Peter Cermak wrote:

+ Consistent Behaviour of cmdlets:
Get-RDM-Session returns a list of which the 4th column is of type "Session" a subset of ISession (for security reasons)
New-RDM-Session returns a ISession object

Peter Cermak wrote:

Are you sure the -NoRefresh Parameter works (for SQL Shared datasource)?
-NoRefresh works (we had a bug a few weeks ago, make sure you have the latest version)
The implementation of -NoRefresh is actually a IPCChannel to communicate between the PS process and a running RDM instance, IPCChannel will only communicate with a single RDM, usually the first RDM started. To see if the RDM instance is listening on the IPCChannel (Help -> Diagnostics -> Application Communicator is running)
-NoRefresh only defines if it will send a refresh notification to the running RDM instance. Internally PS must refresh it's list regardless of the -NoRefresh.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs