Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Batch Edit - Batch Actions

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hey guys,

When I use the batch edit batch actions to convert sessions from putty to native SSH, the first one in the batch converts OK. The rest convert but the IP address is removed, this happened with the last few versions (I was hoping it would be fixed).

I've just upgraded to 12.9.1.0 beta to assist with the serial command buttons (in another thread) and the issue is sill around.

Any chance you could help me out? I have many putty sessions I want to convert, I don't really fancy doing them all one by one.

Cheers,
Amayacitta

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the details.

We will investigate.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello again,

How many sessions roughly have you tried to convert?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I've tried to convert about 20 or so, then I tried just 5 and still had the same issue.

Clock3 yrs

These sessions were originally imported from Superputty, I have an export of them as *.rdm which i'll attach here as there are no credentials in them.

Examples.rdm
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for the .rdm file .

For a test, I went through Refactoring -> Change Type to convert them and the IP address was retained.

For the batch action, do you chose an option in the SSH/Telnet section or is it a Custom PowerShell command?

If it is PowerShell, could you please show us the command that you use?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I select a bunch of them > right click > edit > batch edit > batch actions > convert Putty/Rebex session to SSH/Telnet/PortForward Session > Select SSH target type (Tried automatic as well).

Didn't know I could use PoSH to do it... interesting. What is the module called to import?

Clock3 yrs

I just tried the refactoring option and the IP address was also cleared.

Clock3 yrs

Slight other topic, but can you add an option in the repository backup to retain a configurable number of backup versions? Simply appending 1/2/3 or something to the end of the file would do me, but you may have a better way of doing that. Sometimes if I make a mistake the backup is too new by the time I realise and I don't have enough history to restore :-|

Clock3 yrs

Refactoring them individually works ok, this was is faster than the batch edit for sure.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for providing additional details.

The Custom PowerShell Command is offered when there is no option in the UI to execute an action.

That being said, I just tried the same thing you did and only one session retained the IP address.

I will investigate this with our engineering team.

Thank you so much for reporting this!

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We have the Entry History feature to revert an entry to a previous state if needed;
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/home_sessionhistory.htm

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello Mark,

maybe this is from interest for troubleshooting. It looks like a problem with the SSH Shell Entry and Powershell / Batch Edit command..

Sample:

In PowerShell this command works:
Set-RDMSessionProperty -ID 919d392b-d1bd-47a9-b180-2290de2fafda -Property Host -Value 123.456.789

the value for the Host is updated

Now tried witch Batch Actions -> Custom PowerShell Command:

$connection.Terminal.Host= "11.22.33.44"
$RDM.Save();

and

$connection.Host= "11.22.33.44"
$RDM.Save();

Both commands returned a SUCCESS status, but after a check in the GUI the host field is empty -> also with Clipboard -> Copy the Host Value is not present

Regards,
Min

Clock3 yrs

Mark Beausejour wrote:

Hello,

We have the Entry History feature to revert an entry to a previous state if needed;
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/home_sessionhistory.htm

Best regards,

Unfortunately I just have an RDM file on my laptop, would be great to get a simple feature of multiple backup files smile I only have one copy of this at my company, it seems silly to place it on SQL.

Clock3 yrs

Mark Beausejour wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for providing additional details.

The Custom PowerShell Command is offered when there is no option in the UI to execute an action.

That being said, I just tried the same thing you did and only one session retained the IP address.

I will investigate this with our engineering team.

Thank you so much for reporting this!

Best regards,

Excellent thank you.

Clock3 yrs