Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Remember open connections after update

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When there is an update available and I also have previous saved connections to be opened, if I click to update now, my saved connections are not available anymore after the RDM update. Please remember these saved connections on updating RDM.

Clock2 yrs

This is not the expected behaviour. We will look into it.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I reproduced your issue only from installing the update when the application is running from a different directory than the default one.
Have you updated remote desktop manager from a portable version?

Also to make sure I understand correctly, are we talking about a playlist that is configured to open a specific set of session at the application lauch?

And finally, is this happening frequently?

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I reproduced the issue, and a ticket has been sent to the engineering team,

I found this option in File > Option, under application close, If "Ask confirmation on application close" is uncheck this is where the open last session won't work after the update.

Can you verify if this option is checked please as this will be your possible workaround.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

application close.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Hi Alexandre,

The ask confirmation options is unchecked. When I close RDM and have session opened, I get the question if I really want to close the application. I want RDM to start with these opened sessions the next time I start RDM. When the next time I start RDM, it will first ask me if I want to restore to the last opened connections. But when there is a RDM update available, it comes on top of this window. If I continue to update, after the update when I start RDM, the window to restore the last opened connections is not shown and i can't restore to the last opened connections.

I have not updated from a portable version. This behavior happens every update.

Niels

Clock2 yrs

Hi again,

Sorry if my message was confusing, I reedited the picture.

The option need to be checked to avoid that issue where you loose your playlist.

Next update you should be able to keep your playlist smile.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs