Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Offline database did not sync - Lost Passwords

I went on a service call to one of our remote sites and used Offline Mode to store passwords for the setup of new servers at this location. When I returned to my office, I started PVM expecting it to sync with the database. Instead, upon opening PVM, none of my new passwords were there. The database was not changed at all and all my passwords are lost. Is there anyway to recover these from my local machine somehow?

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

What version of PVM are you using?

What type of data source are you using?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs

Also, please make a backup (or .zip) of the following directory

%localappdata%\Devolutions

If there is any chance of recovering your passwords, this directory will contain the files. That is if they haven't yet been erased by the application.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Version is 8.6.0.0
Data Source is SQL Server

Mark Beausejour wrote:

Hello,

What version of PVM are you using?

What type of data source are you using?

Best regards,

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Have you seen the reply of Stefane and made a back up of the folder?

Are you still working in Offline mode are you connected to the database?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 yrs

I do have a backup of the folder, recovered from Shadow Copy from the date that I was onsite. I have reconnected to the SQL database.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Please keep this folder as we continue to investigate.

We will assemble a tool to analyze the offline file but this will take some time.

I will post an update when we have something.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Any update on this?

Clock2 yrs

Hi Kendal,

No update yet. I've been out of the office for the last two days (unforeseen circumstances). Back in the office tomorrow and this will be priority #1.

Sorry for the delay.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Kendal,

I have a tool for you. Will be sending details via private message in a few minutes.

The tool will allow us to analyze the saved offline file to see if there are any offline edits we can save.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks. I'll try it out tonight and report back my findings.

Clock2 yrs