Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - SDK

How to create a new Credential Provider

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

There doesn't seem to be any documentation anywhere on how to create a credential provider. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,
You could do an integration by using the Custom credential entry with a PowerShell script:

https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/credentials_custom.htm

You can contact the support if you need some help.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I'd be more comfortable doing the integration in C#. I can see the interface IRemoteDesktopManagerCredentialProvider which seems to be the right interface to implement. It's not obvious what the SelectDatasource(string databaseID); method is suppose to do. I also can't figure out how to get RDM to pickup the assembly that implements IRemoteDesktopManagerCredentialProvider. Adding it to the RDM folder didn't seem to work.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,
Unfortunately it's not possible to create an add-on for the credential provider. This is not implemented in RDM. This interface was define but the add-on system for that was not built. What kind of credential provider would you like to do?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

I have an internal system that I'd like to pull credentials from.

Clock2 yrs

Perhaps you could create a small c# assembly, load it with PowerShell and invoke it so fill-out the result fields.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hmm...I'll give it a go. Is there any possibility that $Result.Password can be a SecureString?

Starting to think it might be better to write a datasource addon instead.

Clock2 yrs

I will check to add a $Result.SecurePassword

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs